Player Missed Tackle %

• After such a poor defensive effort yet again, especially from MM and Tedesco, I wanted to take a closer look at the individual efforts.

I know there are many variables including where the player is positioned in the line, effective/ineffective tackles etc. But I think over a period of time a player can be judged by his percentage of missed tackles in his overall number of attempts (SG or someone else who understand better than I, may be able to comment on this?).

Anyway, here is where all the regular players stand on the percentage of tackles missed so far this season (based on NRL stats). No wonder sides score against us almost every time they shift wide.

Tedesco 47%
    Nofo 34%
    Suli 8%
    MCK 16%
    Kev 23%
    Moses 33%
    Brooks 26%
    JLJ 13%
    ET 8.5%
    Lawrence 10%
    Edwards 10%
    Aloiai 9%
    Sue 8%
    Grant 5%
    Ava 6%
    MMc 6%
    Woods 5.5%

• MWZ at 13% for his first game.

• Would be interesting to see the percentage of ineffective tackles as well

Also does it count as a miss when you rush out of the line and tackle the air

• @:

After such a poor defensive effort yet again, especially from MM and Tedesco, I wanted to take a closer look at the individual efforts.

I know there are many variables including where the player is positioned in the line, effective/ineffective tackles etc. But I think over a period of time a player can be judged by his percentage of missed tackles in his overall number of attempts (SG or someone else who understand better than I, may be able to comment on this?).

Anyway, here is where all the regular players stand on the percentage of tackles missed so far this season (based on NRL stats). No wonder sides score against us almost every time they shift wide.

Tedesco 47%
    Nofo 34%
    Suli 8%
    MCK 16%
    Kev 23%
    Moses 33%
    Brooks 26%
    JLJ 13%
    ET 8.5%
    Lawrence 10%
    Edwards 10%
    Aloiai 9%
    Sue 8%
    Grant 5%
    Ava 6%
    MMc 6%
    Woods 5.5%

I’m really surprised with Grant at 5%. He had a few clear misses in earlier games where he didn’t even get a hand on the player. He has terrible footwork and late in games when he is tired opposition teams seem to target him. The best defender on the team is Matt Mcillwrick. Hits with his shoulders and is dominant on most occasions.

• I guess if you don’t touch them, it is not a miss. Kind of like the dropped catch theory, if you don’t get your hands to it, you haven’t dropped it

• Tedesco 47%??? far out, for mine, out of all the skills required for a fullback, defence is right up there

• ET at least trys to tackle. God I would hate to see the score lines without him.

• The back three will always have the highest MT% because they’re the ones who have to make 1 on 1 tackles in broken play.

• What kills us is Moses and Brooks being so high. You need at least one half who can tackle

• @:

What kills us is Moses and Brooks being so high. You need at least one half who can tackle

That’s why I reckon we need either Lawrence or Taylor at 6. The situation with Moses ATM needs to be dealt with.

• @:

@:

What kills us is Moses and Brooks being so high. You need at least one half who can tackle

That’s why I reckon we need either Lawrence or Taylor at 6. The situation with Moses ATM needs to be dealt with.

Agreed. I’d play Rowdy at 6 until the Moses saga is at an end.

• @:

@:

@:

Agreed. I’d play Rowdy at 6 until the Moses saga is at an end.

The only problem is that would leave Brooks as the only general play kicker and he will get smashed every time

• @:

Tedesco 47%??? far out, for mine, out of all the skills required for a fullback, defence is right up there

Fullbacks would be higher as when you come in cover defence to stop somebody over the try line and the score it’s a missed tackle. Also if you attempt to tackle the winger and your getting there late, it’s a missed tackle. Winger catching the bombbinstead of you and you place a hand on him? That’s a missed tackle…

Easy to see why it’s so high

• @:

@:

Tedesco 47%??? far out, for mine, out of all the skills required for a fullback, defence is right up there

Fullbacks would be higher as when you come in cover defence to stop somebody over the try line and the score it’s a missed tackle. Also if you attempt to tackle the winger and your getting there late, it’s a missed tackle. Winger catching the bombbinstead of you and you place a hand on him? That’s a missed tackle…

Easy to see why it’s so high

ahh yeah this is true

• All the bottom teams this week have excelled, all bar us thst is, the titans, the panthers and knights, we need to have a good hard look at ourselves

Recent Topics