Crowds

Only 12000 people turned up for souths vs tigers in a 80,000 seat stadium. Crowds are down 10-20% from last year.

The quality of football has deteriorated in the last few years, including mechanial players, wrestling defence, no aggression aand too much structured play. The continual improvement of fox tv coverage doesnt help either.

Now I would like to know exactky what the board of the nrl has been doing with all this money? Crowds are down, junior players are down and the quality of football has continued to be eroded by rule changes every few weeks.
The test match between australia and nz was probably the most boring game ive seen. Not a great advertisment for the game at all.

How can the nrl increase crowds and more importantly the tigers?

Winning Games = Crowds

No two ways about it

i haven’t been to a game since the raiders tigers game in canberra 2016

It doesn’t help when players show no heart or loyalty towards the jersey,club and fans

The fans show loyalty and get screwed by greedy young arrogant footy players

To me its for one reason crowds are down. And its all to do with this disgraceful contract situations. If the Nrl cant see the damage this is having on teams and supporters then they have their head in the sand.

@:

To me its for one reason crowds are down. And its all to do with this disgraceful contract situations. If the Nrl cant see the damage this is having on teams and supporters then they have their head in the sand.

Exactly right. Add to that the never ending salary cap of some clubs and it really starts to bring the game down.
People want to go to the game each week and know their team is a genuine chance of winning, and no I don’t mean a chance of an “upset”.
There’s massive discrepancies in the way this game is run, and something needs to be done to improve it

The NRL has made their bed - they’ve prioritised TV viewers over live spectators.
Crowds are only going to get worse as we get into the real weeks of winter and the weather gets worse.

I actually think WT crowds are pretty good relative to others when you consider how poor we’ve been for so long. We had the largest average crowd in Sydney last year IIRC.

Yeh our crowds have been alright. I just cringe everytime we see a game played at anz. Small crowds effect the game performance. Why is it every time there are games played at suncorp the games exceed expectation. Im happy with 18,000 per game. That figure at cambrlltown or leichardt makes an excellent sight.

Our style of play is effecting crowds too. I honestly find our way boring. Doesnt help that we get flogged in the forwards every week.

Honestly as a tigers fan why would we want to go watch a game live this season? There’s obviously guys there playing who don’t want to be their and it’s affecting the whole team. Club matches in massive stadiums is a joke. ANZ is bad enough when full let alone 3/4 empty. Bring back passionate smaller ground matches and scrap the larger stadiums unless its a final.

I was at the game and there was no way there was 12000 there. More like 5000 i reckon

Well when you support a club where your captain, your best player and your half are leaving after this year, it’d be hard to find much excitement to going to attend the games.

neither us or the bunnies are going well so hard to expect the game will draw a big crowd.

Understand the financial incentive for the clubs to play there but never have I rated the big grounds for NRL games outside of finals, origins and test games.

The NRL’s goal should be to play in sold out smaller venues that hold 20 - 30,000 spectators.

@:

I was at the game and there was no way there was 12000 there. More like 5000 i reckon

I said the same thing at the game……club must’ve counted all the members who have paid but not turned up…

Atmosphere was as the crowd was, non existent. It would be better for the Tigers to tear up the ANZ deal, regardless of the cash promised, and send all our games back to campbelltown and leichhardt until we can build up the support to move to bigger venues…

I was there and now I’m sick…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.