Solid Wests Tigers

• Today I was reading Paul Kent’s weekly NRL Foxsports section where people write a comment and he replies.

One person wrote and asked him what he thought about the Tigers recruitment so far? He replied that it was solid not spectacular.

It got me thinking that he was right, it is solid so far.

Then I started thinking that, in reality, it is only the very top sides that have plenty of TPAs that could collect a ‘spectacular’ team.

I’d be happy with a very solid team for a few years - bit of a change. You never know, if the solid team gets you into the semus regularly then maybe we can then attract a few TPAs ourselves.

• I can handle having a team that will get to finals week 2 regularly.

• On NRL 360 tonight P.Kent spoke very positively about the signings Matulino and (especially) Packer. It was surprisingly good to hear and he even stuck a jibe into Woods.

Good times ahead

• Who gives a toss what Paul Kent thinks, too many people watch this NRL 360 show and care about what nobody say about things that don’t concern them.

• @:

On NRL 360 tonight P.Kent spoke very positively about the signings Matulino and (especially) Packer. It was surprisingly good to hear and he even stuck a jibe into Woods.

Good times ahead

Didn’t he say something along the lines of we now have tough forwards while looking right at Woods?

• If we end up with a solid squad with quality across the board I would be happy. We don’t need superstars to compete just a balanced side

• @:

If we end up with a solid squad with quality across the board I would be happy. We don’t need superstars to compete just a balanced side

Look at the Raiders they never signed any superstars and yet they have started to make the finals.

• @:

@:

If we end up with a solid squad with quality across the board I would be happy. We don’t need superstars to compete just a balanced side

Look at the Raiders they never signed any superstars and yet they have started to make the finals.

That’s exactly it. We went all in on some junior talent and it got us nowhere so I will be please to see a side with solid first graders (who would get a run at most clubs) across the park. These type of teams seem to play for each other more.

• Our recruitment isn’t done yet. I’m expecting more signings to come. We still need a fullback, wing, centre, second rower and a bench prop. We still have plenty of cash to splash. Hopefully, Nelson Asofa-Solomona or Corey Harawira-Naera are next on our list of signings. I believe CHN can kick goals too

• @:

@:

@:

That’s exactly it. We went all in on some junior talent and it got us nowhere so I will be please to see a side with solid first graders (who would get a run at most clubs) across the park. These type of teams seem to play for each other more.

Hopefully me make the finals in the next 2-3 years.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Hopefully me make the finals in the next 2-3 years.

I just hope we can defend decently and that our attack is attractive. Not what i see now.

• You have to get the foundations right and by targeting hard headed pros as opposed to flashy kids, that will happen. Start turning up and being competitive most weeks you will get respect and than you might attract some big names.

I would like to see at leat one game breaker, but so far our recruitment has been good and on paper we are a better looking side in 2018 than we are now with only the exception of Teddy, but fingers crossed we will snare a good replacement

• Solid is the right description and I’m rather happy about it.

• @:

@:

On NRL 360 tonight P.Kent spoke very positively about the signings Matulino and (especially) Packer. It was surprisingly good to hear and he even stuck a jibe into Woods.

Good times ahead

Didn’t he say something along the lines of we now have tough forwards while looking right at Woods?

Yep he sure did and Uuuum Woodsy didn’t miss it! :roll

• I will be happy if next year we are competitive in every game we play.

And with the new roster we, seem to at least on paper, are heading in the right direction.

Recent Topics