The future is better??

• (RANT warning!!)

This year has been the worst one ever for me as a fan.
    Or so it seems.

You wait all off season for the comp to start, with all the expectations that maybe success will come, WT surprise all the so-called critics, and we figure big time in the end-of-year semis etc.
    Then all hell breaks loose after just one round of the comp.
    Player unrest, turmoil, and coach sacked!
    All in the blink of an eye.

Thank goodness, there may be a plan.
    New coach on board, then we discover that "the only champion in team is “the team.”
    Then we have our own bus!
    And the bus gets more crowded, by the signing.
    In the world of player recruitment that I remember, players saw out their contracts and swapped teams maybe when they’re free agents.
    Well, that’s from some other life, it seems.
    And whilst there is now excitement in seeing new players commit to our team going forward, there is still a sort of hollowness for me in now watching games where our previously lauded stars have shown their true colours and have an eye elsewhere.

The future is better??
    Ask me in 2018.

• ForumSupporter

All I can say at least it is finally real change…whether that generates real success or continued mediocrity only time will tell…tiger_one…

One thing I do know is we will still be here…

• Better, dunno…Looks positive.

Luckily (or unluckily) the bar is set so low at Wests with regards to success that even going a whole season without player revolt / drugs scandal , gambling scandal, coach change , board unrest would be a massive step forward.

Add to that the team going the whole season without being beaten by more than 20 and I would say its a bright 2018.

• I would not be writing this year off just yet with the number of player movements to come from from other clubs the unsettling period could be just around the corner for them.Hopefully ours is behind us now and we can move on.All we need is big Shaaron and Teddy to cut the talk out and perform to their potential on the field

• The future will be better … It couldn’t get any worse .

• The Future is always better when your a Tigers supporter, because the present is always crap.

• Can’t be any worse than what it has been. Experienced coach is a huge bonus compared to previous appointments. It seems as though we’re heading in the right direction at the moment.

• It’s good Ivan gets to build his own team and the new signings have been solid but we’re still missing that x factor I am struggling to see where our points are going to come from. Hopefully from all over the park because they’re playing like a team.

• Banned

This is the first time we have made real change as a club. It will be the first time in a long time we wont be paying anyone to play agaisnt us. We have a new coach that has full control something potter or jt never had. We have begun fixing our weakness which is our forward pack. We are buying international and SOO players who are still at their peak. We havent made finals for how long…… We only have one way to go. Next year we have no player drama, no coach drama, the board finally seems settled. Things are starting to look positive. Bring on 2018.

• @:

This is the first time we have made real change as a club. It will be the first time in a long time we wont be paying anyone to play agaisnt us. We have a new coach that has full control something potter or jt never had. We have begun fixing our weakness which is our forward pack. We are buying international and SOO players who are still at their peak. We havent made finals for how long…… We only have one way to go. Next year we have no player drama, no coach drama, the board finally seems settled. Things are starting to look positive. Bring on 2018.

We’ve improved our pack but weakened our attack. Are we going to be like the dogs and grind out wins where you feel like you’ve never really won the game until the final siren? We need some x factor like Rapana at the Raiders. I really hope it’s not Hopoate at FB. But it will be refreshing to be competitive again.

• Banned

@:

@:

We’ve improved our pack but weakened our attack. Are we going to be like the dogs and grind out wins where you feel like you’ve never really won the game until the final siren? We need some x factor like Rapana at the Raiders. I really hope it’s not Hopoate at FB. But it will be refreshing to be competitive again.

Weve been known as an “attacking” team since 2005. But ad soon as the nrl slowed the playball and allowed wrestling tactics we have been no where to be seen. You will not play semis when your constantly in the bottom 2 or 3 in defence. Id happily take grinding team performances then waiting for teddy or moses to have a blinder every 4th week for us to win a game.

• @:

@:

How have we weakened our attack?
    We have lost the 3 amigos and a plodding prop, Tedesco would be the only real loss. Remind me again how many finals we have played with our fantastic attack?

• Yeah, we have had a great touch footy team since 2005. About time we started to play in the real world and put it to the other teams through the pointy end with Matulino and Packer. Looking forward to 2018 and love Ivan’s attitude.

• We now have a forward pack which should put some fear in the opposition.

Teddy is a one in a generation player and one I would have loved to keep.

Still need some more decent signings include centre, prop and second rower

Recent Topics