What did we get in return?

• My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what did Parramatta give us in return for releasing Mitch Moses?

If the answer is nothing, why not just drop him from the first grade team and play him elsewhere?

• @:

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what did Parramatta give us in return for releasing Mitch Moses?

If the answer is nothing, why not just drop him from the first grade team and play him elsewhere?

We gained a positive culture change…

In all seriousness while we didn’t gain a player, I assume we would’ve been compensated for the mid-season move. Would’ve loved to have grabbed Twal mid-season and get him learning the ropes, but overall it seems as if we came off second best.

• We received a very sought after resource and that is cap space. For example if Moses’ salary was 500k, he’s played around about 40% (200k) of the season, so that means 60% (300k) of his salary is taken off our cap. We can now fill that 300k with another player this year or front load a player we have picked up for next year, e.g. put 300k of Packer’s salary for next year into this year’s cap.

• Once he played the mental health card the club cant do much but give up. If he decided to harm himself because of it the blow back would be huge.

Mental health is an issue, saw it alot in one of my previous jobs. If it is such a big issue realistically he should be stood down and have to seek out help but no he is all smiles now.

Not making excuses for him because it appears to be total rubbish and they just using it to get what they want.

• Can’t wait to watch him play for the Eels this weekend. I envision him playing quite poorly, and him copping it from the fans. Exciting 😆

• @:

We received a very sought after resource and that is cap space. For example if Moses’ salary was 500k, he’s played around about 40% (200k) of the season, so that means 60% (300k) of his salary is taken off our cap. We can now fill that 300k with another player this year or front load a player we have picked up for next year, e.g. put 300k of Packer’s salary for next year into this year’s cap.

You can’t pay a player that is coming next year with his years cap, you can restructure a current player’s contract by re-signing them to a new deal and include an upgrade for this year or use it for a player that may become available before June 30.

Moses contract was $600,000, the NRL season goes from November 1 to October 31, so it means there is just over $276,000 available from Moses contract

• What did we give Penrith for E Taylor?

• @:

What did we give Penrith for E Taylor?

They didn’t want ET

• @:

Once he played the mental health card the club cant do much but give up. If he decided to harm himself because of it the blow back would be huge.

Like a crazy ex!

• @:

@:

They didn’t want ET

We don’t want Moses either.

• ForumSupporter

Freedom…

Also gives us space in 2017 to sign another player this year or re-negotiate current players contracts we are looking to extend eg McIlwrick and Liddle…

• Cap space to sign someone before June 30 or reup deals of current players - mcillwrick and liddle

• @:

@:

@:

They didn’t want ET

We don’t want Moses either.

We would have if he had a heart the size of ET’s instead of the size of an ant. ET still played his heart out for panthers in reserve grade and never considered do anything less. An opportunity came up to play NRL at WT and the 2 clubs worked out a deal. Totally different scenario to Moses

• Nothing :slight_smile:

• bugger all
    i would have dropped him to reggies for sure for the rest of the season

that would have messed him up unlike what uncle thinks

Recent Topics