Nathan Ross winger from Newcastle.

Nathan Ross from Newcastle has amazingly been dropped to reserve grade this week,after Newcastle actually won a game.Talk is,it’s because he publically spoke out about being unhappy with his current contract,and wants out.Talk is they might want him to go too.

Should we try to sign him? If the price is ok? He’s a great finisher,big for a winger,and quite fast.

The only downside is,he sounds like he might have baggage,and attitude.

Thoughts?

You don’t need to create new threads for each player. Already a thread for it.

He would be a good addition to our roster with his speed, strength and finishing. The only problem with Nathan Ross is that he is 28 yrs old and is turning 29 this year. There is no point giving him a 1-year contract or giving him a max considering his age and how he can perform.

He’s a flog, should be thankful he has even got a contract. His team has won two games in three years or something.

@:

He’s a flog, should be thankful he has even got a contract. His team has won two games in three years or something.

Haha.
Honest and correct.

A player we don’t need.

I like the way he plays, but it seems his headspace isn’t what the tigers are looking for. We don’t really need more players squawking about being underpaid……

Well he earns less than Lovett or Edwards yes plays every week as a standout for his club. They should be looking after him better considering the lack of quality in their squad and their inability to sign quality players.

I’m with Newcastle on this one.

Ross signed a contract at what he and the club believed was his value. If Ross plays above his previous efforts he is rewarded when negotiating his next contract.

If he plays poorly do the Knights come out publicly and say we would like to pay him less cause he isn’t warranting his pay packet.

@:

I’m with Newcastle on this one.

Ross signed a contract at what he and the club believed was his value. If Ross plays above his previous efforts he is rewarded when negotiating his next contract.

If he plays poorly do the Knights come out publicly and say we would like to pay him less cause he isn’t warranting his pay packet.

Unfortunately this is the way the game is at the moment with cap changes, and the new breed of players.

Imo he hasn’t done much wrong, he’s not threatening on walking out at least he’s willing to honour his contract unlike others and we have to remember he ain’t young… He’s 28 and he’s just recently had a child and he puts in 110% every game, he’s Newcastles Nofa.

Reserve graders are earning more and Knights have a lot of $ remaining, I dont blame him.

I’d take him any day for the right price.

Ross was desperate to put pen to paper when he did and it left him in a weakened negotiating position, that’s not the knights fault. That’s his managers fault.

Now he wants to get precious because he has a “cult following” and he’s played maybe 8 good games?

Puh-lease….

He’s should be kissing Nathan Browns hairy bean-bag and thanking him for dropping him for ONLY 1 game…

Someone remind him that Blake Austin, Anthony Don, Charlie Gubb, Beau Ryan, Jason Death, George Rose, Mark Riddell and Matt Utai all are/were players that had cult followings as well, but they were all humble and grateful guys for their privileged positions.

Ross-dog has proven himself to be a dead set muppet - even stupider than Jake Mullaney’s mum…

Seems to have a bit of an ego. He gave himself the nickname “The Ross Dog” for God’s sake.

Would suggest he have a word with his manager instead of going out in the media and complaining about his salary. Rather not have him tbh

@:

You don’t need to create new threads for each player. Already a thread for it.

it’s easy for us who dont troll thorugh every single post…

neew threads is good… i like seeing new names pop up every few days… excisitng!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.