Is our team broken

There were a couple of points in last nights game that had me very concerned for the rest of this season.

Despite the public talk being that the players leaving were wished the best by teammates, ans everyone is just focusing on this year, I saw a couple of occasions last night where this did not seem to be the case.

Saw wingers taking kicks passing the ball to Tedesco and then not backing up in support. Similar a couple of Woods hit-ups (particularly after some of his stupid offloads) where he did not seem to want to run, but teammates left him isolated so he had no option.

I think a couple of the those leaving might be on the nose with their teammates. This would hardly be surprising given some of the comments made about “good clubs”, “talented players” and success that they used to justify leaving the club.

Definitely not a united camp….lack of quality 1st graders doesn’t help

Short answer, yes. Long answer, yeeeeeees.

Rest of the season is a write off. The sooner we accept that, the better we will cope.

I think our expectations are a little high. The team we strutted out last night has not trained together at all this year. We also lost a big chunk of our size. To hold the Bronc’s to 12 points in the second half is a commendable effort. They received all the calls and got the bounce of the ball.

I am pleased that every player that took the field last night put in and was committed. We lost the game in the 10 mins Teddy was off, and crossed the line 4 times and were short of the line once. Score could have been very different.

The inability to hold our line in the middle last night was concerning, but you look at the forward pack we had on the field and the quality of the forward pack we were up against and the result is understandable.

We aren’t going to win many games this year and thats OK. We have all experienced it before with Wests and Balmain….but we were always proud if the boys had a dig and that is what I am looking to for the rest of this season. Lots of players are leaving so it will be hard for them to maintain intensity in a losing squad but they are expected to play for the jersey and their mates. Looking forward to seeing whether they can spring a few more upsets, we did beat the dogs and Cows not that long ago.

Broken is an understatement

Some players giving it a 110% whilst others seem to be contend with 90%

We are in a slump, a hole, the team collectively needs to put in. Not some members only

@:

I think our expectations are a little high. The team we strutted out last night has not trained together at all this year. We also lost a big chunk of our size. To hold the Bronc’s to 12 points in the second half is a commendable effort. They received all the calls and got the bounce of the ball.

I am pleased that every player that took the field last night put in and was committed. We lost the game in the 10 mins Teddy was off, and crossed the line 4 times and were short of the line once. Score could have been very different.

The inability to hold our line in the middle last night was concerning, but you look at the forward pack we had on the field and the quality of the forward pack we were up against and the result is understandable.

We aren’t going to win many games this year and thats OK. We have all experienced it before with Wests and Balmain….but we were always proud if the boys had a dig and that is what I am looking to for the rest of this season. Lots of players are leaving so it will be hard for them to maintain intensity in a losing squad but they are expected to play for the jersey and their mates. Looking forward to seeing whether they can spring a few more upsets, we did beat the dogs and Cows not that long ago.

While I agree with most everything you said, it doesn’t negate what Harvey said: Some of the players are no longer playing for each other. Hard to win that way, even if the individual efforts are good.

The last couple of weeks hasn’t looked at all like a united team.

It’s looked like an unhappy, disjointed mob lacking confidence in themselves and each other.

Hopefully the camp will get them playing for each other, and the two who are leaving won’t be there which should help.

@:

Rest of the season is a write off. The sooner we accept that, the better we will cope.

Yep, we will struggle all year and we seem to be having constant injuries and with our lack of depth is just making it worse.

People need to be realistic with their expectations for this year.

What happened last night is what you expect when you turn out a side full of B grader plodders. The moment I saw the likes of Lovett, Edwards, Rankin, and LittleJohn making up our spine I knew we where in for a very long, long night … !!, and man did it show … !! Just shows that we need to fill our stocks with more talent for next season and let these plodders go.

So with the following already leaving Moses, Ava, Woods, and Tedesco we should also release the following plodders Rankin, Hunt, Grant, Edwards, Lovett, LittleJohn, Naiqama, Chee-Kam, Idris and Ballin, that way we will have plenty of money to stock our ranks of quality up and coming players instead of buying these old, busted up has beens. Come on Ivan let’s get on the front foot and make this club “great again” … !!

Good posts Harvey and Smurf. If the question is related to the teams performance solely against the broncos, then i’d say we aren’t broken. They put a magnificent team out last night, seemingly unconstrained by a salary cap. Even their fill in guys like Nikorima and Mead would be top quality if they played for us. The game was over by half time, but their 4 tries came from our 4 mistakes. i thought our guys were willing and had good attitude for the whole 80. We also got across the stripe 4 times and didn’t get any help from the refs.
If the measure is across the season to date, then it doesn’t look good for any sort of run to the finals. We’ll win a few games, but we just lack quality, speed and size to compete with anyone in the top 8. Loosing Idris, Ballin and now Aloia won’t help. Roll on 2018.

I think we are. The constant media speculation has worn everybody down.

Those three blokes have sabotaged our season, not by leaving, but the way they played it out in the media.

The season is over. I hate them, and I can’t cheer for them. They are playing for themselves and their rep duties only. Hope they are never welcomed back to the club in any capacity.

And if they are given a lap of honour at Leichhardt or Campbelltown that will be the final straw.

@:

Those three blokes have sabotaged our season, not by leaving, but the way they played it out in the media.

The season is over. I hate them, and I can’t cheer for them. They are playing for themselves and their rep duties only. Hope they are never welcomed back to the club in any capacity.

And if they are given a lap of honour at Leichhardt or Campbelltown that will be the final straw.

I would suggest that if they are getting a lap of honour, the club look into hiring an old popemobile for the day.

@:

@:

I would suggest that if they are getting a lap of honour, the club look into hiring an old popemobile for the day.

Yes….if anyone could be bothered turning up. Last game at Leichhardt could get very ugly

The team has been broken for years …it has been the year of the plodder for years ,now you have individuals playing for themselves “Tedesco” outside players wanting the ball but no step back inside been happening for months .
It is all there to see the quality of player this club has been employing, I hope Cleary can turn this around as there has to be a massive turn over of players to achieve success.