Josh Aloia injury update

• Anyone heard how Josh is with his knee injury? I think I head Cleary say that it was his patella that may have popped out and then popped back in … ouch!

• ForumSupporter

Do you mean Josh Aloiai……?

Last I heard could be between 4-6 weeks…was in a lot of pain…

• I’ll know more tomorrow,he is waiting for a Docs report

• Wishing him the best of luck

• Shame if it’s 4-6 weeks. Wish him the best with his recovery

• Does this injury mean that Marsters come into the side?

Also, does anyone know what has happened to Rowdy?

• Dislocated knee cap, been there and done that except the bugger didn’t go back in and took 30 minutes before a doctor could. Aside from being tasered, it’s the most painful injury I’ve ever experienced. Hopefully there’s no lasting internal damage and Josh makes a speedy recovery.

• I’ve done it twice. First time I had to go to the hospital. The second time a mate put it back in. The first time took a couple of months to heal. The second time it was good to go in a couple of weeks.

It hurts.

• @:

Dislocated knee cap, been there and done that except the bugger didn’t go back in and took 30 minutes before a doctor could. Aside from being tasered, it’s the most painful injury I’ve ever experienced. Hopefully there’s no lasting internal damage and Josh makes a speedy recovery.

you’ve been tasered? 😲

• @:

Aside from being tasered

do tell

• Poor bloke, he was really coming along in form lately. Here’s hoping he has a speedy recovery

• Willow? You can’t just put that out there and not expand.

• @:

I’ve done it twice. First time I had to go to the hospital. The second time a mate put it back in. The first time took a couple of months to heal. The second time it was good to go in a couple of weeks.

It hurts.

I’ve done it 4 times! First 3 times it went out and back in by itself, 4th time I had to punch it back in. Hurts like anything when it happens, it’s a super weird sensation if it doesn’t go back, your leg won’t bend, but I managed to get it back in in about 10 seconds.

Lots of stuff can happen, you can crack the patella etc. but most likely you have some form of medial ligament tear, depending on grade and swelling, 4-12 weeks I guess. Mine used to swell like a melon but you could walk on it slowly within 1 day. In fact before the swelling comes you can walk on it almost normally straight away if you’ve not torn the ligament.

• ive had the knee cap pop out too (in touch footy, of all things) never been tasered though.

• Snapped a patella years ago, would have preferred a dislocation 😦

Recent Topics