Big forwards ....Big backs..

• I couldn’t help but notice the games I watched WTs vBroncs and Dogs v Chooks,that the Broncos,Roosters and Dogs all had backs nearly as big as their forwards,the Roosters and Dogs game was a tough hard encounter and I thought to myself…look how the Dogs and Roosters go forward and how quickly they play the ball and roll through the middle,we on the other hand couldn’t handle the big boys from the Broncos outfit and didn’t go far up the middle…

I’m not going to pick out individual players,however none of ours could make much yardage against a strong team with hard forwards and backs,now many of us have said that we are a very small team with limited hard NRL experienced players,it has stood out to me more so this weekend more than ever and I’m glad that Ivan has recruited some hard nuts that can help this team go forward and tighten up the defense so we can be more competitive next year…

I can now see how we get beaten as often as we do,throw in the silly plays,penalties and basic mistakes and the dramas surrounding player contracts, we certainly will be bottom 4 this year…

Thoughts everyone…

• The thing I liked about potter was four big angry men on the bench.

The bigger teams have started to dominate more lately

• Yep, this has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Our whole team gets man handled. And I believe this is the main problem with our defence. One on one our backs cant stop most of the other teams backs, and this is why our guys come in to help, and we are always short out wide. I have often wondered how much a big back would help and I got my answer this year with Suli. He seems to be able to handle the defence individually unlike the rest of the team. (ET the exception) A few big backs with speed and we will be well on our way back to the winners circle. Your right on the money TT.

• We get smashed when we have the ball, get pushed back in attack and their defense is already set when we play the ball….in defence we often lose the wrestle, tewo and three of our defenders against one ball carrier get dominated, two left behind while the ball carrier lands forward on knees/elbows for a quick ptb while our defensive line is still retreating
    We just get bashed and smashed more often than not…we are that far off the pace it aint funny and its always driven home watching the top teams

• Yeah we’re a bit like Hobbits in the land of the giants!

• For next year, we don’t have pretty big backs but they are strong. Suli is basically a forward considering his weight and height and Naufoluma can rip defences with his strength. We should really be focusing on speed and height. Players like Kato Ottio, Blake Ferguson and Daniel Tupou are wingers who we should focus on getting considering their speed, height and strength. An ideal centre for us would be James Roberts considering his speed but the more realistic option would be Hopoate. He hasn’t got a lot of speed but his defence and strength can really help us. Also hearing Marika Koirobete is getting pumped in Union and the team he plays for (Rebels) could be axed and he could make a return to the NRL. His speed and strength would definitely help us.

• It really showed with Naiqama against the Broncos, they just rag dolled him for eighty minutes.
    The whole team always gets owned by the Roosters. Hargreaves makes our forwards an embarrassment.
    Hard to watch.

• We just get rolled through the middle and our edges get stretched because of it.

• To be fair, our backs are the same size as our forwards, that size just happens to be small. It’s not that our backs are bad runners of the ball, they just have to make all our metres because our pack is completely ineffective. Bring back the Potter prop bench!

• @:

To be fair, our backs are the same size as our forwards, that size just happens to be small. It’s not that our backs are bad runners of the ball, they just have to make all our metres because our pack is completely ineffective. Bring back the Potter prop bench!

I remember when Potter had a terrible injury toll to deal with and our depth was really stretched. What I wouldnt give to have some of those players in our squad now where our roster is probably the weakest that I can remember.
    One of the real let downs since JT arrived ( not totally blaming him) but our retention and recruitment has been woeful to say the least.

• A big guy will always beat a little guy in this game. Time for Ivan to change things around and perhaps win some matches. We need big and mobile forwards and big fast backs to accomplish things. Glad to be rid of Moses, Tesdesco,Farah, Woods as they appear to think too highly of themselves and not worth the money they are demanding IMO. We are not seeing the results we paid them for, perhaps the newer guys, the more hungry guys will want to have a go at it. Now they are no longer here, perhaps next year with the new signings, we can have a go for it.

• Banned

@:

A big guy will always beat a little guy in this game. Time for Ivan to change things around and perhaps win some matches. We need big and mobile forwards and big fast backs to accomplish things. Glad to be rid of Moses, Tesdesco,Farah, Woods as they appear to think too highly of themselves and not worth the money they are demanding IMO. We are not seeing the results we paid them for, perhaps the newer guys, the more hungry guys will want to have a go at it. Now they are no longer here, perhaps next year with the new signings, we can have a go for it.

Farah’s contract was not up for renewal and we are probably still paying out the great majority of it, as well he always made the big effort so I don’t think he should be included with the others.

• Either or both MMM or Liddle will have to develop their stamina this year so that in 2019 we don’t have a hooker on the bench, just four big intimidating forwards. Wests Tigers really need to buy another quality second rower and prop to make this happen.

Recent Topics