Matt Ballin set for life after footy as injury bites

• Matt Ballin set for life after footy as injury bites
    MAY 25, 2017 5:51PM

SERIOUS knee injuries have limited Wests Tigers hooker Matt Ballin to just 63 minutes of game time in the last two years. But even as his body fails, the NRL veteran is well set up for life after football.
    The former Queensland Origin rake is a qualified school teacher and also runs a personal training business.
    Gaining qualifications outside of footy is now an essential part of playing for any club, even at Holden Cup level, under the “no work, no play” policy. Players who aren’t involved in education or work outside of footy are ineligible for team selection. However, this is a new concept and certainly wasn’t a policy back when Ballin started his NRL career in 2007, with for former Manly premiership winner taking it upon himself to earn qualifications.

“I’ve gone and educated myself, I’m a high school teacher,” Ballin said. “It took me 12 years to do a four-year degree so I can’t see why other people can’t do it.” Ballin played 2017 games for the Manly Sea Eagles, but has only managed only three games since signing with the Tigers due a succession of injuries, including two ACL tears. “Having that piece of paper allows you to seize a range of career paths,” Ballin said. “Gaining my certificate ensured I had the necessary skills to undertake further study and to start my own business in the fitness industry.”

• Banned

Will go down as one of our best signings of all time lol. 63 minutes in 2 years. Hey but atleast he is a top bloke.

• Good guy. Definitely won’t get into drug pushing like some other losers have done recently after footy cos they have nothing to fall back on.

• The highest paid player per minute we have ever had.Manly certainly sold JT a pup there

• This signing didn’t work out on the field but indications are that no has been a great influence behind the scenes. Hopefully things work out for him whatever he decides to do. Sometimes don’t work out the way people plan/hope.

• A true gentleman.

• @:

SERIOUS knee injuries have limited Wests Tigers hooker Matt Ballin to just 63 minutes of game time in the last two years. But even as his body fails, the NRL veteran is well set up for life after football.
    The former Queensland Origin rake is a qualified school teacher and also runs a personal training business.
    Gaining qualifications outside of footy is now an essential part of playing for any club, even at Holden Cup level, under the “no work, no play” policy. Players who aren’t involved in education or work outside of footy are ineligible for team selection. However, this is a new concept and certainly wasn’t a policy back when Ballin started his NRL career in 2007, with for former Manly premiership winner taking it upon himself to earn qualifications.

“I’ve gone and educated myself, I’m a high school teacher,” Ballin said. “It took me 12 years to do a four-year degree so I can’t see why other people can’t do it.” Ballin played 2017 games for the Manly Sea Eagles, but has only managed only three games since signing with the Tigers due a succession of injuries, including two ACL tears. “Having that piece of paper allows you to seize a range of career paths,” Ballin said. “Gaining my certificate ensured I had the necessary skills to undertake further study and to start my own business in the fitness industry.”

No wonder he is so busted, playing over 2000 games for manly before he got here.

• Banned

@:

@:

No wonder he is so busted, playing over 2000 games for manly before he got here.

Lol lol. 2017 games manly got out of him and we got 63 minutes. Can we get a refund.

• @:

@:

@:

Lol lol. 2017 games manly got out of him and we got 63 minutes. Can we get a refund.

Lol lol

Where have we seen that before

• @:

The highest paid player per minute we have ever had.Manly certainly sold JT a pup there

Little doubt Robbie has gotten more during Matt’s time here, probably last year as well.

• Banned

@:

@:

@:

@:

Lol lol

Where have we seen that before

Sounds like you missed me lol. Nothing to argue about now JT is gone. Funny how moving JT on and the 3 divas has probably been the first time the majority of supporters are united.

• Banned

Greatest flop signing in the history of this club.
    Of course he is set up. Been getting paid handsomely to sit on his arse for years.

• Another Jason Taylor special.

• Planing the team around Mitchel Moses was a good one too

• I disagree with the issue of worst signing. That trophy lies with Anasta. We gave him the world and he did not deliver and continues to bag the club and supporters out on a weekly basis. I could think of another use for Ivans Bus if Braith was to hop out in front of it.

Recent Topics