Refereeing in 2017

• Not sure if its just me but the refereeing seems very inconsistent this year, they spent so much money on the bunker system and it seems like they are making more mistakes now.

There is already a 10 minute youtube video on mistakes in 2017 and was made at the beginning of May.

Was not surprised how many involved Broncos games.

Warning loud annoying intro

• Its bad but it always has been.

Watched a few super league games with one ref and it is much better.

• Luke Patten seems to be a common denominator in a lot of the Bunker shockers. Same goes for Perenara when it comes to onfield decisions.

• Theyd do themselves a favour if they starting enforcing the 10m at the play the ball. A far better open game, a fair go, and theyd have more time to get themselves into position and get sorted. The 10m has turned into 8 and 7m, attack is stifled, timing is out, its crap.

How defenders constantly meet the attackers in line with the play the ball is beyond me.

And the 10m includes centres and wingers, not just a few near the ruck.

• Worst part of the game….has been for years…NRL are clueless to fixing it…

• Broncos are in nearly every decision in the damn video

• On field refs I can excuse somewhat, they have a split second…guys in the bunker however have all the time in the world, some of their decisions are just baffling

• yeah there’s no excuse for the bunker to be making mistakes and as Swordy just pointed out with the 10 metre or lack thereof, it’s been my pet hate for the last few years.

• Some decisions are laughable. WT get picked up for a forward pass that looks line-ball at worst and yet other teams get away with scoring tries from passes that are 6,7 or 8 metres forward. There is absolutely no excusing that sort of rubbish refereeing. Perenara is the worst ref in the NRL by a fair margin. He is incompetent.
    The PTB is where it all stems from, blokes just putting the ball on the ground before they even attempt to get to their feet creates a multitude of problems. Sometimes they penalize for incorrect PTB, sonetimes they penalise the marker for causing sloppy PTB’s. It is a farcical lottery.

• @:

On field refs I can excuse somewhat, they have a split second…guys in the bunker however have all the time in the world, some of their decisions are just baffling

I’m with you ink.

But on field refs have a lot to deal with, I understand that. But what do the touch-judges actually do? Roberts through a 4 metre forward pass right in front of the touchy :brick:

The toch-judges do absolutely nothing and when and there is a mistake is made my the main referee, they don’t do or say anything about it.

• JWH hits raider player in face albeit accidentally… Not too long ago ANY contact with face or head was penalised… Not today

• @:

Luke Patten seems to be a common denominator in a lot of the Bunker shockers. Same goes for Perenara when it comes to onfield decisions.

Yes and yet they are both former players. You’d think that would be an advantage in some respects - too many knock to the head perhaps?

• @:

@:

Luke Patten seems to be a common denominator in a lot of the Bunker shockers. Same goes for Perenara when it comes to onfield decisions.

Yes and yet they are both former players. You’d think that would be an advantage in some respects - too many knock to the head perhaps?

Patten’s biggest obstacle is probably being crosseyed.

• @:

@:

@:

That explains a lot!

• @:

@:

@:

That is gold!!
    Patten has punter’s eyes: one each way.

Recent Topics