Player Recruitment

Just having a guess, I think we have about $1.5M-$2M left in the kitty to spend on players. I think we’ve bought well so far but a part of me wouldnt mind if we just be a little patient now and wait for the right player to come available. I wouldnt mind some money in the war chest to be readily available if a match winner type player becomes available.

@:

Just having a guess, I think we have about $1.5M-$2M left in the kitty to spend on players. I think we’ve bought well so far but a part of me wouldnt mind if we just be a little patient now and wait for the right player to come available. I wouldnt mind some money in the war chest to be readily available if a match winner type player becomes available.

Totally agree. There’s not much on the off-contract list that makes my heart swell with excitement at this stage, but every chance of some good players being shaken out of clubs between now and the start of 2018 due to contract pressure. I’d much rather the Tigers wait and bid on distressed sales (where they might even get some freight paid) than go hard now and end up filling the cap with well past their prime retreads like Blake “sex pest” Ferguson.

Agnatius Passi - 350k
Adam Elliot - 350k
Jacob Lillyman - 400k
Nelson Asofa Solemona - 600k

8. Russell Packer
9. Matt Mcilwrick
10. Ben Matulino
11. Nelson Asofa Solemona
12. Chris McQueen
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jacob Lillyman
15. Adam Elliot
16. Agnatius Passi
17. Josh Aloiai

hahaahhahaahahahahahhahahah i wish

@:

Agnatius Passi - 350k
Adam Elliot - 350k
Jacob Lillyman - 400k
Nelson Asofa Solemona - 600k

8. Russell Packer
9. Matt Mcilwrick
10. Ben Matulino
11. Nelson Asofa Solemona
12. Chris McQueen
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jacob Lillyman
15. Adam Elliot
16. Agnatius Passi
17. Josh Aloiai

hahaahhahaahahahahahhahahah i wish

Best pack inthe comp.

I will buy you a carton if you make it happen lol

The market has shriveled up considerably. We’ve done well recruitment wise though. Solid B+ imo. The thing is though, we still have 10-12 spots to fill on the roster for 2018. We can’t just stop signing players in the hope a gun comes on the market. What we do is just not over spend on the guys we do buy to keep cash just in case.

Ivan may wait to see what develops with the Dogs, Roosters and Panthers over the coming months re their supposed salary cap issues for next year and which players are considered excess to their needs.

Recruitment has been solid. Can’t really complain about who we’ve signed for next season.
Think more movement will happen once the cap is set for 2018. Plenty of clubs have over spent by some margin.

Think liilyman is 33…and Eastwood is 31(tho plays like hes 41)…so no future there.
3 big questions are

1. How do we bulk up forward pack to compete…Matulino and Packer don’t play anywhere near as many minutes as Woods…Grant just makes up numbers…others too small or not up to NRL at this stage
    2)Who plays centre with Suli…Kev not NRL standard,Idris probably gooooone,MCK and the Penrith recruit too slow to be attacking weapons,Folua essentially a winger…shld we be chasing Ferguson?
    3)Whats the back up plan if Warriors kid doesn’t make it as fullback(>50/50 tbh)

@:

Recruitment has been solid. Can’t really complain about who we’ve signed for next season.
Think more movement will happen once the cap is set for 2018. Plenty of clubs have over spent by some margin.

Agree… I think we’ll be right for the pickings… this is the best recruiting the WT have done over the last 5 years and we can thank the departing 3 for this… if they stayed i doubt we’d be that active … how ironic…

Scrap Dylan Edwards at fullback…looks like he’s got it at Penrith now

Moylan training at 5/8 and Dylan at FB apparently

We lost a world class no1, a very good prop, a good prop and a no6/ goal kicker. We are also rumoured to not be offering contracts to a few players. Anyway we have purchased 2 very good props one good back rower, one good no6,one good outside back and one utility player with potential.

So far we are pretty even and I think we need at least two more top 13 players, and by top 13 I don’t mean 34 year old journey men. We also need the odd depth signing

Was talking to a friend of Shaun Johnson today he said Shaun’s not happy with the players at the Warriors training is very relaxed players turn up late and at times little effort maybe try to get him …he’s played fullback before

Im not getting excited about any more signings unless they can be here June 30.
2018 season is too far and 2017 is already another painful one for us

This is pretty funny when you look at it for years we mis-managed the Cap and rarely bought any decent First Graders in…Now we have ample space and we need more decent First Graders in but they are starting to get thin on the Ground…

It’s not a case of stowing it away for a rainy day with a Salary Cap floor of 95.25% of whatever the eventual Cap will be for 2018 that Clubs must spend on the playing Roster…

We are still a quality Prop, Back-rower Centre and Winger short for a 17 IMO and that still leaves the need to recruit depth in the middle and outside backs cause our depth players we are using now in First Grade are short of the mark as it is…

@:

Was talking to a friend of Shaun Johnson today he said Shaun’s not happy with the players at the Warriors training is very relaxed players turn up late and at times little effort maybe try to get him …he’s played fullback before

too bad johnson has resigned with the warriors.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.