Malakai zelezniak dropped for michael cheekam

I find this to be a odd decison from coach Ivan cleary. Cheekam has always seemed to be a 2nd rower in my eyes he lacks speed and always gets beat on the outside.

There could be a possible switch in game for cheekam and marsters

@:

There could be a possible switch in game for cheekam and marsters

Yea that makes sense. Hopefully cleary doesnt wait for cheekam to let in 3 tries before he brings on marsters

MCK was rubbish today. He is just not a centre.

@:

I don’t think he is a first grade player. He makes mistakes and isn’t good enough to be in the centres or the backrow.

Was our worst today and given how bad littlejohn was thats saying something.

Surely MWZ was injured not dropped

@:

He also definitely is not a back rower.

Chee Kam is a weird one. He has the body of a good centre and the physical skills for the role but grew up as a second rower and stopped growing. He has too many forwards habits for a centre. Doesn’t offer the finesse needed for a centre but he isn’t physically impactful enough for an NRL backrower.

He is the kind of player that we have seen tossed onto tge wing in a pinch and thrive to the point of making it his actual position. Like an Oates, Tuiaki type. But that kind of happenstance is rare. I feel sorry for him because I think his physical development has hindered his footy development. He was the best backrower in his age class but never filled out.

MCK always looks fatigued

On the other hand Lovett has the stamina to keep on going
I dont rate Lovett but i have to acknowledge his willingness to keep on going

Lovett is a weird one. He was the opposite of Chee Kam. A damaging centre that got too big. Lovett is a footy player whose physical development limited his learned skills the other way. He would be better off at a club with established forwards to learn from.

MCK is a massive defensive liability. Full of bad reads and one on one misses.

I think Lovett is better than Chee-Kam. Lovett is good apart from a dumb mistake per game. That mistake though can lose a game for us and that is unacceptable. I don’t want either of them in our team.

Chee-Kam is just another pretender that us supporters have to endue …hopefully for not to much longer.

Agree with the MCK comments but at the same time MWZ isn’t much chop either, wouldn’t mind a James Roberts type in the centres. Speed kills

1 try 4 errors 5 missed tackles

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme