Disgraced former Wests Tigers NRL player Tim Simona makes a fresh start

• Disgraced former Wests Tigers NRL player Tim Simona makes a fresh start
    Adrian Proszenko - SMH

Now that football is off limits, Saturday marked Tim Simona’s first day in his new job. Simona, rubbed out of the game indefinitely after he was busted betting against his own team and ripping off a children’s charity to feed his gambling addiction, is still getting physical to earn a crust.

The former Wests Tigers three-quarter has scored a job as a personal trainer at Hi-IQ, a new gym that opened its doors for the first time on Saturday. He was on hand at Smeaton Grange as prospective members pumped weights and did cardio sessions in the new gym’s opening day.

Simona had tried to resurrect his career with an overseas rugby stint, although officials and clubs didn’t want to register the disgraced footballer. He has admitted to gambling addiction and cocaine use and it’s unlikely the NRL will ever allow him back after betting on opposition players to score in games he was involved in.

The 25-year-old has indicated he will plead guilty to fraud over the sale of signed jerseys supposedly auctioned off for Camp Quality. He is due to appear in Campbelltown Local Court on July 11.

• I wish him well.
    Everyone deserves to be given support in time of need.

• @:

I wish him well.

x2
    I agree

• The irony,that his new job is for a company called Hi-IQ. When if he had a hi-iq,he wouldn’t be in this job.But instead on great money playing in the NRL.

But,yes good luck to him.He made some terrible mistakes,and I hope he sorts his life out…

• Meh

• Banned

@:

@:

I wish him well.

x2
    I agree

Really?
    I hope he dies in an alley alone.

• lol it’s a funny old board this one.

Hatred for players like Tedesco because he has chosen to go elsewhere.

Best wishes for a piece of scum who bet against his own team and everything else that went with that. I hope he gets what he deserves.,

• Banned

@:

lol it’s a funny old board this one.

Hatred for players like Tedesco because he has chosen to go elsewhere.

Best wishes for a piece of scum who bet against his own team and everything else that went with that. I hope he gets what he deserves.,

Its ridiculous isnt it? Tim Simona deserves nothing more than a smack across the mouth with a jimmy bar. He is the epitome of scum.

• Yeah his fresh start is nothing but an attempt to look good in court. I wouldn’t be leaving my wallet, phone etc around if I was a member of that gym. The guy is a piece of garbage.

• He’s lucky someone has taken a chance on him. He had it all and pissed it away.

• dont think i can get over the fact he ripped of a kids charity but good luck to him in the future on whatever he does i always thought he tried for us and we looked like a better team when he was playing so if he bet against us i didnt notice the poor performance…
    as for betting and sports i think the nrl and every other sport deserves what they get i almost lost intrest in all sport cause of the ammount of betting ads on tv today

• Can’t say I ever want to hear about this scumbag again. Ripping off a children’s charity must be the lowest of the low.

• @:

Yeah his fresh start is nothing but an attempt to look good in court. I wouldn’t be leaving my wallet, phone etc around if I was a member of that gym. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Nothing but an attempt to look good in court?
    Or maybe just like the rest of us, he needs an income

• @:

@:

Yeah his fresh start is nothing but an attempt to look good in court. I wouldn’t be leaving my wallet, phone etc around if I was a member of that gym. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Nothing but an attempt to look good in court?
    Or maybe just like the rest of us, he needs an income

Or maybe he realises he has an addiction which made him make poor choices and is prepared to right his errors,we all deserve a chance at redemption,if it continues then you really are a bad human being,…

LET HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE….

• PTs dont make much money, do they?

Recent Topics