The whipping boys

• I thought I would dedicate a thread to the club’s whipping boy’s and this forum’s fascination with them. By whipping boys I mean Rankin, JLJ, Lovett, Edwards and even Sue to a lesser extent. I really don’t understand the hatred, regardless of how much I try to. We’ve been resigned to having these kinds of players due to years of mis-management. Blame the club, don’t blame the players.

The hatred for JLJ yesterday. What were some of you expecting from a player earning close to minimum wage. Even read comments of anyone being a better option than JLJ, even Rankin lol. What’s hilarious about that is if it was Rankin who’d have had a shocker there would have been calls for JLJ. Our depth sucks, that’s due to the previous administration, blame them .

• Jack Littlejohns criticism was unwarranted. I started the thread based on his performance not his playing ability. You can tell he was trying when he was yelling at everyone to pack the scrum, he wanted to win and thats unquestionable. He is a good player and just needs the right guidance. You can’t throw to inexperienced halves together and expect diamonds. Everyone has their off days. I wish him well and hope he can redeem himself.

• @:

Jack Littlejohns criticism was unwarranted. I started the thread based on his performance not his playing ability. You can tell he was trying when he was yelling at everyone to pack the scrum, he wanted to win and thats unquestionable. He is a good player and just needs the right guidance. You can’t throw to inexperienced halves together and expect diamonds. Everyone has their off days. I wish him well and hope he can redeem himself.

I’m not defending him as a player, he’s average, just like the other players i mentioned. But the reality is we have been an average club whose cap management has been abysmal for the last 3 or 4 years. We’ve barely been able to field 17 competent first graders, so its only natural that our depth will be even weaker.

• I’d be keeping Edwards and Lovett as depth forwards next year. At least they can tackle.
    LJL, however, probably needs to look towards the ESL. With Gamble on deck next year we really don’t need him.

• I think its easy to blame these guys, its not their fault the position of the club at the moment.

These guys are depth players and the issue is we are forced to play to many depth players every week because of the poor recruitment over the past seasons.

Its unfair to come hard down on these guys as they put in every chance they get but people expect them to win games for us.

• @:

I thought I would dedicate a thread to the club’s whipping boy’s and this forum’s fascination with them. By whipping boys I mean Rankin, JLJ, Lovett, Edwards and even Sue to a lesser extent. I really don’t understand the hatred, regardless of how much I try to. We’ve been resigned to having these kinds of players due to years of mis-management. Blame the club, don’t blame the players.

The hatred for JLJ yesterday. What were some of you expecting from a player earning close to minimum wage. Even read comments of anyone being a better option than JLJ, even Rankin lol. What’s hilarious about that is if it was Rankin who’d have had a shocker there would have been calls for JLJ. Our depth sucks, that’s due to the previous administration, blame them .

did u not see him s broncos ??? one of our best
    u dont reward bad players with a starting job rankin put his body on the line and even save a try

JLJ sits back and does nothing for 2 games straight and gets rewarded :crazy

• JLJ said when Moses left he wanted the halves spot and it was up to him now to keep it.
    Well sorry old mate you just don’t cut it, how many times did your passes hit the ground not the player yesterday.
    And not just yesterday either, if you make these statements you back them up or cop the flack.

• When did Sauaso Sue become a forum target? He’s a solid middle forward and very strong in the wrestle.

• @:

JLJ said when Moses left he wanted the halves spot and it was up to him now to keep it.
    Well sorry old mate you just don’t cut it, how many times did your passes hit the ground not the player yesterday.
    And not just yesterday either, if you make these statements you back them up or cop the flack.

Gee, how dare the guy have a bit of ambition. Maybe if the club had been more professionally run we wouldn’t be reduced to players like him. Oh but its his fault. He should be playing above his ability and winning us games.

• @:

When did Sauaso Sue become a forum target? He’s a solid middle forward and very strong in the wrestle.

No he’s not.

• @:

@:

JLJ said when Moses left he wanted the halves spot and it was up to him now to keep it.

Gee, how dare the guy have a bit of ambition. Maybe if the club had been more professionally run we wouldn’t be reduced to players like him. Oh but its his fault. He should be playing above his ability and winning us games.

Whether or not it’s JLJs fault the fact remains that he is not FG standard, but who else is there? The club has got themselves into this predicament through mismanagement and putting all their eggs in one basket (Moses). We let Austin and TMM walk away and we failed to replace them with adequate replacements. That’s the clubs fault, not JLJ who is just trying to make a living.
    I think the club should be looking hard at the ISP and ESL to see if we can sign some reserve graders who are head and shoulders above our current fringe first graders. That way when players inevitably get injured it’s not such a massive difference.

What ever happened to Jackson Hastings?

• I guess this thread has become the new JLJ bashing thread after Willow closed the other one down.

• Apart from Sue, the rest just aren’t good enough for the NRL it’s that simple, nothing personal they just don’t cut the mustard. There are levels of ability and they don’t reach them consistently enough to compete against others that do.

• @:

@:

I am not doubting his ambition just his ability, he obviously rates his ability higher than it is. He makes these statements and does not back them up he is fair game, it is that simple. You can’t blame the club for his comments or his higher opinion of himself than is reality.

• @:

Apart from Sue, the rest just aren’t good enough for the NRL it’s that simple, nothing personal they just don’t cut the mustard. There are levels of ability and they don’t reach them consistently enough to compete against others that do.

Sue goes missing wayyyyy to often has a few good hit ups and than goes to crap missing some really easy tackles
    the problem is even our best players have massive holes in there game that cant be fixed

Recent Topics