Bench 2018

• So im going on the basis of what we have with the possible addition of taane, fonua etc.

Would love another 2nd rower ie elliot orCHN, however im going on the assumption that they wont be here. So where does that leave our bench next year? So many possibilities that im not sure how Ivan will play it. For one thing i think we can only play one hooker. Its a waste of a spot next year. Works at the moment because we have no depth. This is my forward pack (which relates to bench) & bench.

8. packer
    9. mckillrick/liddle
    10. matulino
    11. mcqueen
    12. ET
    13. Aloiua

14. Lawrence (has to be in the side regardless. Club legend and wont be dropped)
    15. Marsters (star in the making, can play 2nd row/centre)
    16. Twal/sue (Twals already shown in nsw cup hes a consistent performer who put big numbers up. Will be in side in the first few rounds)
    17. jj felise/ grant ( We need more experience and unfortunately grant fits the bill. His lateral movement is slow,fitness not very good but he does try.

So who do we have on the bench? Personally i dont like having sue in the side. Hes signed though so more than likely will be there.

Fill in the blanks:

??

• I would prefer another strong, mongrel prop on the bench - Albert Vete

We don’t need Grant for experience if we have Lawrence. Marsters will be playing for the rest of the year so he will know the side and be a great impact when he comes on, and he has also been in our system for a while and he trained with the squad in the pre-season early this year.

14. Lawrence (not my preference but the club won’t drop him)
    15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. Vete

Good Bench

• @:

I would prefer another strong, mongrel prop on the bench - Albert Vete

We don’t need Grant for experience if we have Lawrence. Marsters will be playing for the rest of the year so he will know the side and be a great impact when he comes on, and he has also been in our system for a while and he trained with the squad in the pre-season early this year.

15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. Vete

Good Bench

We haven’t signed Vete.
    Talking here about a bench that we have got I think.

• Woods normally plays about 30-35 minutes in his opening stint, which allows the team rotate props more infrequently. Without him next year we’re going to have to carry at least 2 genuine props on the bench because I don’t see either Mats or Packer doing that.

• @:

@:

15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. Vete

Good Bench

We haven’t signed Vete.

Ok

14. Lawrence
    15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. JJ Felise

• @:

@:

15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. Vete

Good Bench

We haven’t signed Vete.

Ok

14. Lawrence
    15. Marsters
    16. Twal
    17. JJ Felise

• I dont mind either way. But i see it as that we have great depth but also wel have a headache. If we play both lawrence and marsters thats two 2nd rowers. Mcqueen and ET can play 80 minutes so not sure what happens there. If jj felise pulls his finger out and gets some mongrel going id be happy. But i feel like your right. Were missing someone.

• @:

Woods normally plays about 30-35 minutes in his opening stint, which allows the team rotate props more infrequently. Without him next year we’re going to have to carry at least 2 genuine props on the bench because I don’t see either Mats or Packer doing that.

Yeh i dont like the idea of two rookies being on together for a long period. Not sure what ivan will do.

• This is a critical piece for next year. Does ET play on the edge or up the middle ? Do we go with two hookers ?

Personally I think we should go we 3 middle forwards on the bench.

8. Packer
    9. McIlwrick
    10. Matulino
    11. Lawrence
    12. ET
    13. Aloiai

14. Felise
    15. Grant
    16. Twal
    17. Liddle

I’d like another big forward to replace Grant. I can’t see a spot for McQueen or Marsters. I don’t think you can play edge players off the bench and two hookers. If we play one hooker than McQueen or Marsters can slot into the 17.

If ET plays at lock then it changes things.

8. Packer
    9. McIlwrick
    10. Matulino
    11. Lawrence
    12. McQueen
    13. ET

14. Felise
    15. Aloiai
    16. Marsters
    17. Liddle

I think ET at lock is a little safer but we have a small backrow and the props are going to need to step up.

• Vete would be a good signing.

However it all depends on who starts and how many hookers we want in rhe 17.
    And if we sign anyone else.

At the moment its realistically looking like…

8. Packer
    9. McIllwrick
    10. Matulino
    11. Lawerence
    12. McQueen
    13. Taylor

14. Liddle
    15. Sue
    16. Aloiai
    17. Felise or Twal

And the bench isnt amazing

• Hmm i agree that either lawrence or mcqueen can have one spot. We cant have both in the starting side. Cant see mcqueen getting dropped considering ges getting 400k a year.

I like having jj felise, twal and grant on the bench thohgh.3 props is the go for sure.

• 14. Twal
    15. Aloiai
    16. Marsters
    17. Felise

I think Liddle will become an 80 minute hooker next year as he already plays more minutes than MM. Also Liddle just re-signed with us until 2019.

• @:

14. Twal
    15. Aloiai
    16. Marsters
    17. Felise

I think Liddle will become an 80 minute hooker next year as he already plays more minutes than MM. Also Liddle just re-signed with us until 2019.

Those 4 together promote too much inexperience for mine.
    Need another prop with experience - hopefully we can sign and use someone other than Grant (rumored to be going back to Souths on here).

• @:

@:

14. Twal
    15. Aloiai
    16. Marsters
    17. Felise

Those 4 together promote too much inexperience for mine.
    Need another prop with experience - hopefully we can sign and use someone other than Grant (rumored to be going back to Souths on here).

Yeh would love brenton lawrence. He doesnt make many metres but his defence is solid and has loads of experience. Not many front rowers out thefe atm.

• Personally, so far looking at the bench options, we need at least 3 signings for the bench.

Twal rookie no idea how he will go (apparently has potential - yeah the p word).
    Marsters one game rookie.
    Felise 10 -12 games, not big minutes so far.

One guy learning his craft? ok. 3 on the bench smells like looking for next year(2019) already.

Recent Topics