The changing face of the WTs...

• Well fellow forumers most here are excited and looking forward to next year with the new players coming and others going…this year is still a chance of the team climbing a little higher on the ladder,and not getting the spoon…
    Most of the dramas we have endured recently are starting to die down and stability is slowly returning…My main point of this thread is to see how many can see that the club is now heading toward a complete culture reformation and change in attitude…
    Iam absolutely impressed by Ivan and the way he is recruiting players to give us that winning formula for next year,some hard seasoned players and youth mixed in…I have supported the Wests Tigers since inception and have seen heaps of bad but some good as well right through the club…
    What Iam seeing for next year is a team proffesionally chosen to be competitive at NRL level,the players that do get a bashing on here at times really are still part of our club and as much as they try they aren’t NRL level players and so can’t compete consistently at that level,myself personally,I thank those players that pulled on our jersey and gave their best,God bless them.
    Winning games is what makes everyone excited and happy as far as supporters,fans and members go,it also helps the club raise revenue through gate takings,sponsorship and member renewal.
    We are on that path of success,although it doesn’t appear that way at times,it is happening and I can’t wait to see how next season unfolds,but for now I will keep watching and attending as many games as I can for this year and supporting any player that steps into the NRL arena and having a go for our beloved team and club…

• It is a huge overhaul of the roster. Despite the dislike I have for the three that are leaving/have left, there’s no dispute that Tedesco is a star and Woods, while overpriced at the Dogs, is still a very solid player. Couldn’t care less about Moses.

There’s a very real chance that Nofo, Suli, Brooks, McIlwrick, Liddle, Aloiai, Lawrence and ET will be the only players that will regularly feature in the 17 next year. Over 50% of the starting 17 will be turned over. We will compete next year, and should compete well. I still think that we’re a toiler pig and another decent second rower off making a serious challenge for the top four (obviously only looking at the team on paper.)

If nothing else, I am excited about being competitive in the forwards and having a never-say-die attitude with Reynolds on board. I honestly hope Cleary gives him free reign to give the rocket to anyone not putting in.

• @:

It is a huge overhaul of the roster. Despite the dislike I have for the three that are leaving/have left, there’s no dispute that Tedesco is a star and Woods, while overpriced at the Dogs, is still a very solid player. Couldn’t care less about Moses.

There’s a very real chance that Nofo, Suli, Brooks, McIlwrick, Liddle, Aloiai, Lawrence and ET will be the only players that will regularly feature in the 17 next year. Over 50% of the starting 17 will be turned over. We will compete next year, and should compete well. I still think that we’re a toiler pig and another decent second rower off making a serious challenge for the top four (obviously only looking at the team on paper.)

If nothing else, I am excited about being competitive in the forwards and having a never-say-die attitude with Reynolds on board. I honestly hope Cleary gives him free reign to give the rocket to anyone not putting in.

Manly and Parras roster overhauls seem to be going pretty well. It might take us a season to get into gear but, I think we’ll be a much better team next year.

• @:

@:

It is a huge overhaul of the roster. Despite the dislike I have for the three that are leaving/have left, there’s no dispute that Tedesco is a star and Woods, while overpriced at the Dogs, is still a very solid player. Couldn’t care less about Moses.

Manly and Parras roster overhauls seem to be going pretty well. It might take us a season to get into gear but, I think we’ll be a much better team next year.

If they all rock up on November the 1st for pre season, and it goes smoothly then we should be ok and the team should gel well come round 1, 2018. - the only concerns I’d have would be the likes of Packer, Mautalino, and ET being considered for NZ World cup Test selection, and a handful of our newer players turning out for samoa/tonga, etc. putting a bit of a stopper on the pre season.

• There’s still this season and a spoon to avoid. I’ve said in the past that every team missing the 8 has failed equally, but not this year.

Our grand final will be Rd17 against the Knights in Newie. If we can beat them, we’re a chance of finishing ahead.

• @:

Well fellow forumers most here are excited and looking forward to next year with the new players coming and others going…this year is still a chance of the team climbing a little higher on the ladder,and not getting the spoon…
    Most of the dramas we have endured recently are starting to die down and stability is slowly returning…My main point of this thread is to see how many can see that the club is now heading toward a complete culture reformation and change in attitude…
    Iam absolutely impressed by Ivan and the way he is recruiting players to give us that winning formula for next year,some hard seasoned players and youth mixed in…I have supported the Wests Tigers since inception and have seen heaps of bad but some good as well right through the club…
    What Iam seeing for next year is a team proffesionally chosen to be competitive at NRL level,the players that do get a bashing on here at times really are still part of our club and as much as they try they aren’t NRL level players and so can’t compete consistently at that level,myself personally,I thank those players that pulled on our jersey and gave their best,God bless them.
    Winning games is what makes everyone excited and happy as far as supporters,fans and members go,it also helps the club raise revenue through gate takings,sponsorship and member renewal.
    We are on that path of success,although it doesn’t appear that way at times,it is happening and I can’t wait to see how next season unfolds,but for now I will keep watching and attending as many games as I can for this year and supporting any player that steps into the NRL arena and having a go for our beloved team and club…

Nicely said!
    Yes happy with progress on number of fronts.
    Definitely lots of positives for WT fans.

• Marina Go said we would have some tough years until 2018.

I’m content that we have an established coach who has plenty of cap space to spend on players mostly of his choosing.

We may finally have a pack of forwards who can hold their own against opposition teams. My biggest hope is that some of our young up and coming forwards can now thrive in a much better, harder and more experienced team. I am sure Woods would be having some regret but he, Tedesco and Moses priced themselves out and allowed Cleary to gather this squad.

• Banned

As long as we dont get the spoon then ive given up on this year. For the first time in a long time or maybe ever we will have a complete roster overhaul.

Packer, mautilino, mcqueen, lolohea, reynolds, milne, fonau, twal i reckon will all be part of the 17 next year. We have bought great players. Look at the bulldogs without reynolds they cant win a game. Im ecstatic with ivan and the re recruitmwnt so far. Who would have thought changing coach and losing the big 3 would actually unite the supporters. Cant wait till 2018. Lets hope the likes of liddle, marsters, felise and tatola get a good run to build experience so they can compliment the new additions.

• Reynolds will be the face of the club next year imo.

• I think we can avoid the spoon this year and that is goal one.
    Brooks, Lawrence, Sue and Aloiai would have made a difference on the weekend. We played with no halves and a rookie/isp back row

• I agree TT, we’ve certainly turned a corner & in a good way. I’m still gutted that we’re losing Teddy as I believe he (& the Tigers as a result) would really carve up playing behind the team Ivan is building for '18 onwards. But in saying that I’d rather have blokes here who actually want to play for us & do their best!

As for this year, well if we show 100% effort from here on in then I’ll be “happy” with that. Can’t see us making the 8 unfortunately though. I think all the joy from this year will come from some younger guys making the step up to 1sts as opposed to any real team success. That and the Blues winning Origin of course!

Bring on the Roosters this Sunday!!

• @:

Reynolds will be the face of the club next year imo.

You are right.

Lets hope he is in form. When he isn’t, man he plays bad.

Im really worried about the players we have bough for some reason. Somethings not right. I hope that I am wrong but I dont see us all that competitive next year.

Sorry to be a neg.

• @:

@:

Reynolds will be the face of the club next year imo.

You are right.

Lets hope he is in form. When he isn’t, man he plays bad.

Im really worried about the players we have bough for some reason. Somethings not right. I hope that I am wrong but I dont see us all that competitive next year.

Sorry to be a neg.

No offence, but you do seem to be one of those posters who finds negatives in anything the club does. You said the other day the club is still paying players based on potential. Not sure which players you were talking about.

• Every WT fan has got to be excited at least a little. I certainly am - we’ve got something to look forward to at last. We are finally moving on with something fresh and new, with a roster full of new players who will hopefully bring a winning culture that we haven’t had for years. Finally we seem to have a coach that is doing something and giving us a direction. Sure we have had to endure some crap and some losses, most noticeably Teddy, but realistically we couldn’t be making these changes without whats happened and it’s losing those guys that has enabled us to set the wheels for change into motion.
    Lately the stories about our club are all about who we are signing and how we are forming a future competitive roster - positive stories, not negative rubbish about how badly we have performed in just about everything our club has said or done. (We somehow were even made to look bad over the Moses saga when anyone with any sense of honor, loyalty or fairness was cringing at his appalling behaviour).

YES - the latest developments are terrific news. Let’s not stop now though, I am for continuing with the broom and sweeping out all the dead wood as harsh as that sounds. Maybe it’s better to say that we need to release any player who is not going to take up a productive, valued and well earned position in our top 30. Any player that isn’t a realistic NRL option if needed, simply shouldn’t be considered.
    Let’s all get behind this momentum (or get onboard if you like) because if we all push together we will definitely get where we want to go.

• @:

As long as we dont get the spoon then ive given up on this year. For the first time in a long time or maybe ever we will have a complete roster overhaul.

Packer, mautilino, mcqueen, lolohea, reynolds, milne, fonau, twal i reckon will all be part of the 17 next year. We have bought great players. Look at the bulldogs without reynolds they cant win a game. Im ecstatic with ivan and the re recruitmwnt so far. Who would have thought changing coach and losing the big 3 would actually unite the supporters. Cant wait till 2018. Lets hope the likes of liddle, marsters, felise and tatola get a good run to build experience so they can compliment the new additions.

Founa not Fonau. 😃

Recent Topics