Reynolds exit at heart of Bulldogs woes

• Reynolds exit at heart of Bulldogs woes

The problems at the Bulldogs were there for all to see as they were thrashed by Penrith in humiliating fashion last weekend.

And I can tell you the major trouble at Belmore is lingering anger from the playing group over the way the club released star five-eighth Josh Reynolds.

The enigmatic Reynolds has some good games and has some bad games - but he is the heart and soul of the Bulldogs.

The fans love him, as do his fellow players - and they are all livid the club has let him go to the Tigers next season.

Reynolds has the enthusiasm and get-up-and-go to lift the entire team - look how they struggled on Sunday in his absence.

Manly learned a similar lesson when the club decided not to re-sign popular back-rower Glenn Stewart a few seasons back.
    Stewart was the man all the youngsters at the club looked up to and as soon as he left, the club fell apart and it’s taken a couple of seasons to rebuild.

Things are so bad at the Dogs that some fans are calling for a boycott of the next home game to show their anger at club management - and that is one way they can really hurt the club by voting with their feet.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/06/08/25/the-mole-josh-reynolds-exit-at-heart-of-bulldogs-problems#6aEHLzU7YUUxdIcF.99
    Channel 9’s the Mole
    Tuesday, 9th of June 2017

• What is their winning ratio with and without Grub this year?

• I just love to read this stuff - how are you feeling now Woodsy?

• Good to see the players that have left have improved since leaving Moses as rock solid as ever in defence .Woodsy looking to go to a stable club ,where the fans are revolting (in every sense of the word )at Dessie tactics.With there salary cap dramas and overpaid players (sounds familiar) they have no idea what sort of team they will be able to field next year.Karmas a bitch.

• I wouldn’t doubt this for a second after Graham was nearly in tears on NRL 360 the night we announced him. I remember he told a story that one day 3 dogs players all had an event on the same day for their kids. All in different parts of the city. Reynolds was the only one to attend all 3, going from place to place. He sounds like a man’s man. The type of guy you can build a club around. No wonder Dogs players are filthy, Enjoy the stable atmosphere Woodsy 😆

• He’s a real clubman, he’d do anything for the bulldogs. I for one am happy that he’s signed with us and look forward to what he brings on the field and also off the field for wt

• @:

What is their winning ratio with and without Grub this year?

Haven’t won a game since he did his hammy. Looks likely to return this week, so it will be interesting to see if they lift.

• Thank god we are getting Reynolds next season!! Cleary is going to need him.

• Sounding a bit like a " boys club" mentality at the Bulldogs - lets see if breaking it up works for them as well as it did for us - six years later.

• Dogs never stay down for long, they are a very resilient club, the go very quickly from the cellar to near the top. Also the Dogs fans expect and demand results, we tend to be use to not so good results. Although from what I have seen this year Woods and Foran are not going to turn the place around

• @:

He’s a real clubman, he’d do anything for the bulldogs. I for one am happy that he’s signed with us and look forward to what he brings on the field and also off the field for wt

That’s why I picked him a captain next year.

• @:

Dogs never stay down for long, they are a very resilient club, the go very quickly from the cellar to near the top. Also the Dogs fans expect and demand results, we tend to be use to not so good results. Although from what I have seen this year Woods and Foran are not going to turn the place around

Actually the dogs have been only just above us roughly a mid table team since 2012. The GF appearance against Souths they finished 7th and were the worst team to qualify for a GF ability wise since I’ve watched footy since 75.
    Historically they are a club like Saints were a club coming back to the field living off past glories.

There will be no return to the 80s.

• @:

Sounding a bit like a " boys club" mentality at the Bulldogs - lets see if breaking it up works for them as well as it did for us - six years later.

Yeah it reminded me of us a bit

Recent Topics