Aaron Woods shutting out Dogs’ dramas

• Suddenly it’s looking like a leap from the frying pan into the fire, but Aaron Woods is shutting out the dramas surrounding his next NRL club Canterbury.

Frustration after seasons of turmoil at Wests Tigers was a factor when skipper Woods decided to leave and join the Bulldogs next year.

But recent events at Canterbury must make him question whether he is headed for more of the same just as the Tigers’ issues start to settle under new coach Ivan Cleary.

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler is feeling the heat in the wake of the latest embarrassing 38-0 drubbing by Penrith, with some discontented fans calling for a boycott of Canterbury matches.

Questions linger over why highly regarded CEO Raelene Castle decided to quit at season’s end with a year left on her contract and there are reports of discontent over the looming departure of fan favourite Josh Reynolds.

“I’m not at the Dogs yet. I don’t know what’s going on there,” Woods said at training on Wednesday.

“You can read everything you want in the paper, but like I found out here, half of it’s not true.

“When you go through dramas, people have got to write a story and find something to talk about. It doesn’t really bother me too much because I’m (at) Wests Tigers for this year.”

Woods confirmed he had no out-clause in his Canterbury contract linking him to Hasler, should the coach depart.

The NSW Origin star remained committed to finishing strongly in his last season with the struggling Tigers, who are one spot below the Bulldogs on the ladder in 15th and facing a battle to avoid the wooden spoon.

The Tigers’ four-game losing streak shows no signs of ending with Sunday’s date against the red-hot Sydney Roosters.

The Tigers have beaten them only once in their past 12 meetings, in Woods’ rookie season of 2011.

“It starts this week with the Roosters. What better challenge do you want, probably the form team of the comp,” he said

With the season at its halfway mark, the Tigers would need to win an unlikely nine of their remaining 12 games to reach the traditional 28-point mark and make the finals.

That’s what it would take to give Woods his first taste of September football in his seven-year career.

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/aaron-woods-shutting-out-dogs-dramas/387913

• really dont care what he says , he is a lair and a turn coat, will be glad to see the back of him.

• Didn’t Woods play finals in 2011?

• of course he is not going to come out publicly and say anything negative against his new team….But the events at the Dogs since he signed make him a hypocrite…TbH I cant wait for Woods to leave the WT, he without doubt has been our worst ever captain who has failed in all areas to represent this club…Listen to how Graham is defending the Dogs this week…have you ever heard anything like that from Woods?..Uuummm…

• Banned

@:

Didn’t Woods play finals in 2011?

Yeah he came off the bench in both games the team played in the 2011 finals series (saints and warriors)

• “You can read everything you want in the paper, but like I found out here, half of it’s not true."

Interesting, isn’t it.

I would love to know what was true and what was false here.

Clearly something is up with the Bulldogs and their fans. I was kind of hoping that they would punt Des and pick up Ivan instead of us (so we could get Des)… But Des has made some bad choices in recruitment (big overs for Brett Morris, who hasn’t performed to his price tag) and unless he knows something, I think loosing Reynolds is a big mistake.

Personally I don’t hate Woods for all this. Lets hate Issac Moses. Too much was put on Woods, shouldn’t have been club captain and if he was better managed would probably still be at the club.

I still don’t know what Issac Moses’s game was? Clearly he wanted to get a big price for the 4, but I thought he would rob the club for all he could get. When you have $915K and $1,2M contracts go begging… I don’t know what his plans were at all. Unless the firing of Taylor would have left Woods in too much of a precarious spot on $915K… I think Moses’s dealings has left him with less money.

• He left because of the drama here but it’s not true and he doesn’t care about the drama there. Is that a fair assessment of what he is stating ?

• Can’t wait until this pea heart leaves. Absolutely gutless individual.

Think I need to change my user name …

• So half the stuff about our club in the paper isn’t true? So why’s he leaving again. Sad, weak excuse for a man.

• @:

He left because of the drama here but it’s not true and he doesn’t care about the drama there. Is that a fair assessment of what he is stating ?

It is so sweet…
    You really have to wonder why Castle left, such a respected figure in the game, seemed to know what she was doing, so things are not looking good at the dogs.

But the future is bright here!

• @:

He left because of the drama here but it’s not true and he doesn’t care about the drama there. Is that a fair assessment of what he is stating ?

Almost - he doesn’t care about the drama there because its not true either.

• It is what it is

• Sounds like he’s walking into a war zone at belmore. It is what it is.

• Woods is lucky he can play football. Can’t see him having the brain power to do much else. He sounds dumber and dumber every time he talks.

• Sometimes the grass looks greener when you’re peering through the fence….When you jump the fence you realise it’s been sprayed green and is brown and dead underneath.

Recent Topics