Eisenhuth to Debut...

• Cancer survivor Matt Eisenhuth to debut for Wests Tigers against Sharks
    By The Mole 2 hours ago

Tigers debutant Matt Eisenhuth will cap a remarkable victory over cancer when he runs out for his first game for the club against Cronulla tomorrow night. Doctors diagnosed Eisenhuth with cancer in his left leg when a nagging injury refused to heal three years ago when he was playing at Penrith. The medicos sent Eisenhuth for a series of tests that revealed he had a tumour in the leg - and there were serious doubts then that he would never play again. But after surgery and treatment - and a long journey back to full health and fitness - the 24-year-old forward is now ready to make his mark in the NRL.

• I’m a friend of a friend to Matty and this guy 1000% deserves his debut. Coming through juniors he was players player a lot of the time during his Aus. Schoolboys career as well as captaining plenty of rep sides. He was a part of the Ricky Stuart mass exodus at Parramatta and was put on the fringes of many squads as well as a fair share of injuries, but if he can finally get the crack he deserves he won’t make a mess of it.

• man that chart ink posted takes the viewer on a roller coaster of emotions.

• Good on him. He’s beaten his demons with his health and worked back to a point where he has an opportunity to make grade.

At least you know he won’t take this game with a grain of salt and will work his ring out every second he’s on the pitch.

• I’m lovin’ Matt’s story - I really hope he does well.

• 53 mins, 1 try assist, 1 line break assist, 19 runs for 193m, 22 tackles (2 missed), 1 offload

• Had a good game blighted by that dumb pass to Taylor, done more than enough to see off Lovett and Chee Kam.

• Banned

More than happy to have him at lock, Elijah to the edge for Lovett. Hopefully get Lawrence and Alioai back soon too.

Woods
    Liddle
    Seumanufagai
    Taylor
    Lawrence
    Eisenhuth

Alioai
    Grant
    Sue

• Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.

• That inside pass to Taylor probably cost us the game but I guess that’s just enthusiasm from a first timer. Overall he was really good and didn’t look out of place at all. I hope he gets some more games and eventually becomes a regular first grader.

Just shows that we don’t need to buy in the whole team for next year.

• The kid did well tonight , I was impressed with his effort . Much better than that hack Lovett.

• His work rate and mobility improved our defence noticeably when he came on. Even Sharks’ supporters were speaking of him in glowing terms.

• Banned

@:

Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.

I actually think Elijah will be a better attacking player for us on the edge. He is getting lost, caught between ball playing and running and even organising. Eisenhuth nearly made 200 metres on debut and looked our most confident player. If he can play like that he has to be in the side, and having him as our 3rd middle player would transform our pack. Woods, Ava and Matt taking us forward would free ET up on the edge. Cleary has been shuffling the defensive line with the lock switching to the edge some sets, so basicslly Elijah would have the same role defensively, but a more suitable role in attack. Thats my take on it anyway.

• Hopefully more games from Matt and less games from lovett/MCK. Solid debut.

• Yikes that was a hell of a debut. He has a huuuuuge engine. Permanent starter imo.

Recent Topics