Eisenhuth to Debut...

• @:

@:

Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.

I actually think Elijah will be a better attacking player for us on the edge. He is getting lost, caught between ball playing and running and even organising. Eisenhuth nearly made 200 metres on debut and looked our most confident player. If he can play like that he has to be in the side, and having him as our 3rd middle player would transform our pack. Woods, Ava and Matt taking us forward would free ET up on the edge. Cleary has been shuffling the defensive line with the lock switching to the edge some sets, so basicslly Elijah would have the same role defensively, but a more suitable role in attack. Thats my take on it anyway.

Maybe you are right. The thing is ET is basically our best player. I think the team needs to be built around him. Our halves and even Tedesco don’t have the same smarts as ET. I think based on that you play him at lock and just get a bunch of guys around him who do their jobs really well.

• Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?

• @:

Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?

Second row definitely. He is extremely mobile and the speed of our defensive line improved when he was on the field. He covered for Sue’s defensive deficiencies. Sue has this habit of taking a wide arc when running back into the defensive line meaning on some occasions he is not ready for the quick play the ball or still has his back turned. I was shocked when watching it live.

• @:

Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?

I think he is heaps better in the middle.

• Theres another esienhuth floating around Penrith, named Tom.
    Centre / second row.
    Any relation?

• @:

Theres another esienhuth floating around Penrith, named Tom.
    Centre / second row.
    Any relation?

No relation mate

• ForumSupporter

Did more than enough to keep his spot…Well done Matt…

• Looked good
    Better than Grant IMO

• @:

Had a good game blighted by that dumb pass to Taylor, done more than enough to see off Lovett and Chee Kam.

I dont think it was a dumb pass
    Taylor dropped it after catching it, pass didnt go to ground from Matt

If that sticks that potentially is another try assist if not at least a great attacking set

• @:

@:

Had a good game blighted by that dumb pass to Taylor, done more than enough to see off Lovett and Chee Kam.

I dont think it was a dumb pass
    Taylor dropped it after catching it, pass didnt go to ground from Matt

If that sticks that potentially is another try assist if not at least a great attacking set

It was extremely dumb at that stage of the game, that’s when you tuck it under your wing and take the hit up. But he’s inexperienced at that level Sue tried to pop an even worse ball at an equally bad time which IMO was worse but mistakes like that cost us the game in the end.

• That was one hell of a debut, and although he probably shouldn’t have attempted that pass at that stage of the game I have to give him credit for having the confidence in his ability to try it, especially on debut.
    Surely he’s earned himself a spot in the team after that.

• Good game on debut. If he can show that form consistently than he is a definite keeper for next year.

• Very good debut from him and got through 53 minutes tonight. I don’t think Cleary would normally have played him that long, but Grant injured his hammy from the look of it. There’s some potential there for sure as a front row/backrow option.

• @:

Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.

Mate, I have to agree with Sirro. If ET is lock I don’t think he can play 80.
    80 on the edge or 50-60 in the middle.
    I won’t bag the guy, he is an utter professional and has an attitude our club has lacked for years (I.e. Professional)

• @:

@:

Mate, I have to agree with Sirro. If ET is lock I don’t think he can play 80.
    80 on the edge or 50-60 in the middle.
    I won’t bag the guy, he is an utter professional and has an attitude our club has lacked for years (I.e. Professional)

I agree that ET shouldn’t be playing 80 in the middle as well.

Recent Topics