Player stats from tonight

• Tough loss but here are the stats:

1. Naiqama - 201 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 6 tackles, 1 missed tackle

2. Nofoaluma - 205 metres in attack, 4 tackles, 2 missed tackles

16. Marsters - 75 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 21 tackles, 2 missed tackles

4. Suli - 146 metres in attack, 7 tackles, 3 missed tackles

5. MWZ - 195 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 4 tackles, 3 missed tackles

6. Lolohea - 27 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 3 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 61 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 7 missed tackles

8. Grant (30 minutes) - 83 metres in attack, 14 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. McIlwrick (32 minutes) - 17 tackles, 3 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (52 minutes) - 174 metres in attack, 31 tackles

11. Sue (66 minutes) - 91 metres in attack, 28 tackles, 2 missed tackles

12. Lovett - 90 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 2 missed tackles

13. Taylor - 74 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 55 tackles, 1 missed tackle

3. Chee-Kam (17 minutes) - 22 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

14. Eisenhuth (53 minutes) - 193 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 22 tackles, 2 missed tackles

15. Felise (20 minutes) - 63 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 3 missed tackles

17. Liddle (50 minutes) - 37 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 35 tackles

51% possession with an 85% completion rate. Should have been enough to win tonight. Defence let us down obviously with Cronulla racking up 12 line breaks to 4.

• I don’t think I’ve seen anything like Eisenthuth’s metres per minute effort, especially on debut. Well done.

• Marsters figures impressive, also Liddle.
    The halves are a weak link at present… on lots of fronts.
    That and lack of domminace from our Forwards lost it for us tonight.

• @:

I don’t think I’ve seen anything like Eisenthuth’s metres per minute effort, especially on debut. Well done.

Yes he was good.

• Banned

Interesting how many meters the forwards make when Woods isnt there stuttering the momentum.
    Same can be said for the backs without Teddy hogging the ball.

• @:

Interesting how many meters the forwards make when Woods isnt there stuttering the momentum.

More of an even distribution for sure. When Woods is available, Ava doesn’t tend to play much more than 40 minutes hence his metres aren’t that great, but generally he shoulders the extra workload quite well and makes plenty of metres as tonight showed. Our backs have been racking up good metres of late, we’re really cruelled by a lack of attacking options.

• Banned

Someone called Luke missed more than twice the number of tackles than any other player, I didn’t observe if they were more difficult to perform. 9/10 kicks were pretty hopeless as well - how often did he find open spaces? At very most salary should be $300K.

• @:

Yea the back 3 were impressive in metres - over 600 between them.

• @:

I was thinking that we are a better team with Woods off the park. It’s not our forwards that are duds. The problem is our marquee forward is a dud marquee forward.

We had some good performers out there. Brooks needs to improve. We really need a half out there who can win games for us. He did improve over the course of the game.

I was spewing we lost that game but I think if we retain the right players and jag another player or two we can turn this around next season.

• @:

Marsters figures impressive, also Liddle.
    The halves are a weak link at present… on lots of fronts.
    That and lack of domminace from our Forwards lost it for us tonight.

Marsters played well although he has work to do on his defence. Too many times he made partial tackles or failed to put his opponent down. This will come with experience but it was noticeable to me as soon as the Sharks shifted the all to our right.

A few were questioning Liddle’s worth last week and I can tell you he is a big game player. His 12 point play where he ran a Cronulla attacker down from behind with the line open (did this twice) and then scored a minute or so later stamps him as an exceptional talent. He also put it all over Jayden Brailey who is a year older and toured with him on the Aust Schools tour of the UK.

• Brooks was involved in 3 of their tries
    Each time ineffective

He really needs to improve in that department

Otherwise good collective effort
    Shame we lost

• Real shame

• Felise is starting to look like another top liner in the tradition of Seve, Funake, Liolevave and a list of champions like them that the club has invested in.

• @:

Tough loss but here are the stats:

1. Naiqama - 201 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 6 tackles, 1 missed tackle

2. Nofoaluma - 205 metres in attack, 4 tackles, 2 missed tackles

16. Marsters - 75 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 21 tackles, 2 missed tackles

4. Suli - 146 metres in attack, 7 tackles, 3 missed tackles

5. MWZ - 195 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 4 tackles, 3 missed tackles

6. Lolohea - 27 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 3 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 61 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 7 missed tackles

8. Grant (30 minutes) - 83 metres in attack, 14 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. McIlwrick (32 minutes) - 17 tackles, 3 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (52 minutes) - 174 metres in attack, 31 tackles

11. Sue (66 minutes) - 91 metres in attack, 28 tackles, 2 missed tackles

12. Lovett - 90 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 2 missed tackles

13. Taylor - 74 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 55 tackles, 1 missed tackle

3. Chee-Kam (17 minutes) - 22 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

14. Eisenhuth (53 minutes) - 193 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 22 tackles, 2 missed tackles

15. Felise (20 minutes) - 63 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 3 missed tackles

17. Liddle (50 minutes) - 37 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 35 tackles

51% possession with an 85% completion rate. Should have been enough to win tonight. Defence let us down obviously with Cronulla racking up 12 line breaks to 4.

Gee Liddle’s defensive stats are impressive. Each week he makes around 35 tackles and has no (or very few) missed tackles. They stats back up the impression you get from watching the game. That we have one of the best pound for pound defenders since Andrew Johns.

• @:

Felise is starting to look like another top liner in the tradition of Seve, Funake, Liolevave and a list of champions like them that the club has invested in.

Why? He went okay in limited minutes last night. He will better next year playing off the back of Matulino and Packer.

JJ is highly rated by IC, as he was by JT.

Recent Topics