HIA

• Who decides whether a player goes off the field under this “rule”, is it just the club doctor?
    Watching Parramatta rort this system by basically having every one of their players stay down after very minimal contact (sometimes not even to the head) is really pissing me off. Every single week they are using this ploy as a means to have free interchanges- 9 out of 10 of their players who leave the field under the HIA rule return to the field 15 minutes later rested and affording their team a free interchange in the process.
    Has happened again today with Mannah, that “hit” that he took wouldn’t rattle a bloody toddler.
    Pretty sure Parra used the same tactic regularly last season, how the NRL don’t see what we all see is friggin laughable. Absolute garbage.

• He was wobbly and stumbled before the trainer got to him…good acting?

• Banned

Its a reactionary rule that is easily rorted.

• @:

He was wobbly and stumbled before the trainer got to him…good acting?

Can’t say i saw him stumble at all. It’s almost a running joke that whenever a Parra player gets a little tap they mysteriously stay down (or slump back down to the ground once the trainer has a quick word in their ear) and then trot off to the HIA.
    Surely Parra have the most HIA candidates who eventually return to the field out of any team in the comp. If anyone can find that info it would be much appreciated.
    Good acting you ask? Quite possibly. It wouldn’t surprise.
    Surely if a player stumbles and or wobbles then that clear indicator of a significant head knock should rule them out of the rest of the game. It’s a Mickey Mouse rule that is being rorted.

• Some teams eg: US! Follow this rule so well. But we are getting stuffed around by teams who don’t. Back in the previous round against the Sharks, prior was absolutely sent to the stars! Again last night Luke Lewis came off second best in a tackle, yet because he may know how to hide the effects.

It’s a rort and heaps of clubs are doing it.
    There should Be a player on the bench that if there is a head concussion and it rules the player out before half time they can use him.

It’s even worse in junior football. Saw the same player yesterday get concussed twice and finally went off.

It really needs a overhaul. Which should of been correctly introduced at the beginning… but you know the NRL are hopeless.

• It’s a ridiculous rule that has been brought in to keep the lawyers happy. It is amazing how often a middle forward goes down with a head injury 20-25 minutes into a game, only to be completely fine, and get a free interchange to come off and another to come back on again. The NRL are either pretending that clubs aren’t rorting it, or are unable to come up with a solution so are not publicly addressing the problem.

• Spot on Marshall Magic. You nailed it.

• It is a commonly rorted rule and weve all seen many instances Im sure that were bunged on to get a free i’chnage

• @:

@:

He was wobbly and stumbled before the trainer got to him…good acting?

Can’t say i saw him stumble at all. It’s almost a running joke that whenever a Parra player gets a little tap they mysteriously stay down (or slump back down to the ground once the trainer has a quick word in their ear) and then trot off to the HIA.
    Surely Parra have the most HIA candidates who eventually return to the field out of any team in the comp. If anyone can find that info it would be much appreciated.
    Good acting you ask? Quite possibly. It wouldn’t surprise.
    Surely if a player stumbles and or wobbles then that clear indicator of a significant head knock should rule them out of the rest of the game. It’s a Mickey Mouse rule that is being rorted.

I saw him stumble…are you keeping count of Parra players that return?
    I guess only a doctor can answer your questions

• Nah not keeping count but as I explained it is pretty much a given when a Parra player goes off the field for HIA, even when limping from a leg injury (not convinced how that qualifies TBH) he is back on good to go after his 15 minute breather. Watch a fair few games other than WT most weeks and Parra seem to be the main offenders.

• @:

Some teams eg: US! Follow this rule so well. But we are getting stuffed around by teams who don’t. Back in the previous round against the Sharks, prior was absolutely sent to the stars! Again last night Luke Lewis came off second best in a tackle, yet because he may know how to hide the effects.

Sue came of for a HIA against the Sharks and I’m pretty sure he didn’t look concussed.

• @:

@:

Some teams eg: US! Follow this rule so well. But we are getting stuffed around by teams who don’t. Back in the previous round against the Sharks, prior was absolutely sent to the stars! Again last night Luke Lewis came off second best in a tackle, yet because he may know how to hide the effects.

Sue came of for a HIA against the Sharks and I’m pretty sure he didn’t look concussed.

It would be hard to tell with Sue - he does so little. With the number of brain snaps or no brain snaps.

• The parra players do seem to get a lot of head knocks. i also noticed the the Sharks seem to go down a lot and take significant time with trainers with trainers. i didn’t think the game was stopped for such instances but it did appear as though the refs were pulling it up. they also seem to try and milk penalties significantly more than other clubs - maybe just a perception on my part.

• We did it against the sharks - 30-35minute mark Jesse sue came from the field at a stop in play for a penalty - nothing to do with the penalty, and he was subbed with a “Nah mate, HIA”

You can actually hear the trainer in the audio.

Recent Topics