Lolohea: "I'm becoming a better player"

• ForumSupporter

Lolohea: “I’m becoming a better player”

Caitlyn Grant

Wed 21st June, 12:30PM

Wests Tigers new recruit Tuimoala Lolohea says he’s quickly finding his feet as his new club and is confident working under Ivan Cleary is bringing out the best in him.

After a tough loss against the Cronulla Sharks last Saturday, the five-eighth said that he and the team were continuing to learn from the tough defeat and would take plenty in to Friday’s clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

“It’s been pretty good so far, the boys are really welcoming and I’ve had a lot of chats with Ivan, I know he’s doing a lot to help me to become a better player," Lolohea enthused.

“It’s been so good so far, so I’m looking forward to keep going with the boys and enjoy the rest of the year.

“Luke [Brooks] controlled the game probably better than we have the past couple of weeks and I got to flow on the back of him so it was good to have him back and get another week of preparation from him so hopefully we can go again better this weekend.

With Origin tonight, Lolohea said having the Club’s Origin players back on deck would be a huge benefit to the side, but would prepare for the pair to be unavailable for the contest.

“It’s a pretty tough game, it be a day to recover and then a day’s play," he said.

"We’re preparing without them. If they do play it’s a boost and if they don’t we’ve got boys that can fill into their positions and I know they’ll do a good job.

“If they do back up it’s a big positive for us especially for the level of potential they both have and what they do on the field."

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/06/21/lolohea_i_m_becoming.html

• I watched this. This kid is likable. I hope he performs.

• @:

I watched this. This kid is likable. I hope he performs.

He is, isn’t he? Just seems like a nice young lad.

• @:

@:

I watched this. This kid is likable. I hope he performs.

He is, isn’t he? Just seems like a nice young lad.

Hopefully he ain’t as nice on the field.

• I saw him on the ground at the end of the game last week and he looked devastated. Nofo was as well. These are the guys that hopefully have the ability to perform as quality first graders and we can build on that.

I’m sick of overpriced prats in our team. I’m also hopeful that is the culture that Cleary is trying to bring to the team. It’s also why I would have Lawrence as captain and one of the first picked next year.

• "I’m becoming a better player ".

Jeez you must have been absolutely terrible if you’re a better player now.

• Gee this guy has done nothing since he joined us

• Can’t help but laugh at the title of this thread. I keep having visions of his “Benji” pass to the third row.

• It’s a typical headline for any player at our club for the last decade. Marshall and Farah started it. Talking about and acknowledging your failures and vowing that from this moment on things will be different but it rarely is. In saying all that, I’m giving this kid a break. The team is a car wreck. It’s a bit much expecting him to come in and dominate. He needs time to settle, and an off season with the new signings shouldn’t hurt him either. I’ve seen enough of him to know what can do and will reserve my judgement till next year.

• He is better that what left.

• He should be playing fullback.

• @:

He should be playing fullback.

Doubt he’s fit enough.

• @:

It’s a typical headline for any player at our club for the last decade. Marshall and Farah started it. Talking about and acknowledging your failures and vowing that from this moment on things will be different but it rarely is. In saying all that, I’m giving this kid a break. The team is a car wreck. It’s a bit much expecting him to come in and dominate. He needs time to settle, and an off season with the new signings shouldn’t hurt him either. I’ve seen enough of him to know what can do and will reserve my judgement till next year.

Some sanity 👍

• Yes way too early to judge.
    There are just glimpses of something positive there …. but needs to get fit and settled into the new (next years) structure.
    Patience, support = confidence.

• Unfair to expect he will just walk in and it all happens straight away.

Fullback ??
    He doesn’t look like a fullback to me.

Recent Topics