We need an experienced half back

• Brooks has had more than enough chances. Can’t believe we re-signed him. Horrendous fifth tackle options

• yep - and unless Gamble turns out to be world beater Lukey will have the number 7 all to himself again - he has never had anyone pushing him for his spot.

• Don’t rule out Cronk still.

• I totally agree re Brooks. As nice a young man as LB is, he is not our no. 7 solution. As the only one of the Moses 4 to re-sign you have to ask yourself if it was because of a lack of interest from other clubs at the price we were prepared to pay. We need a quality 7 and a quality FB as well as running back rowers. Brooks and Lolo will not produce the level of football we need to threaten the top 4 next year. We’ve bought well in patches (e.g Packer) but not so well elsewhere. We need to spend whatever of the cap is left on quality not quantity.

• @:

Don’t rule out Cronk still.

Sorry but I’ve got a line through Cronk’s name.

Brooks is stealing $500K from us over the next 2 years and NO-ONE will pay us a cent to take him off our hands.

• @:

@:

Brooks is stealing $500K from us over the next 2 years and NO-ONE will pay us a cent to take him off our hands.

Tigers still have plenty in the cap. Can write off his contract and absorb as a back up for 2 years.

• @:

@:

@:

Tigers still have plenty in the cap. Can write off his contract and absorb as a back up for 2 years.

The more I see of Brooks, the more I like that idea, also I said numerous times I thought Tui was not worth the effort of the chase, and I have seen nothing to change my mind

• @:

Really? Good God that would be just the tonic we need! At this stage I would rather Jeff Robson than Brooks, he’s still off contract and at least he plays like a real halfback.

• Cronk is retiring.

• ForumSupporter

Well now I’m super excited with Cronk we will be unbeatable….Next Year…

• @:

Cronk is retiring.

That’s what I thought too until he above got our hopes up!

• Matt Groat would be a better option than Luke Brooks

• @:

Matt Groat would be a better option than Luke Brooks

Is he available?

• @:

Struggling

:deadhorse:

• @:

Well now I’m super excited with Cronk we will be unbeatable….Next Year…

Yep next year is looking great…until it becomes this year, then the next year will be even better and so on and so on and so on…like waiting for Harold Holt to return from his swim! Perhaps we can relate his story to ours now that Cronulla have won a premiership.

Recent Topics