Raiders - Broncos spoilers

• 12-12 eight till half time.

Benji turning the clock back with two nice try assists and some individual brilliance…

• Yeah from what I’ve seen Benji has looked really good. His passing game is on. Part of it is just the number of options the Broncos are presenting for him - lots of bodies in motion which is what he likes to play off.

• Austin going well too

Broncos 24-20 ten to go

• Geez Wighton is a dud.

• Ben Hunt was great as well. Some great short balls on the edges and some great kicks for repeat sets. Dropping his to reserve grade seems to have done the trick for Bennett.

• Banned

Benjis passing game was very good but geeze his body movement has improved. He looked very elusive and fast out there. Happy for him.

• What difference in how well Benji and Blair are playing under Bennet.

• @:

Geez Wighton is a dud.

Always. Must be Rickys illegitimate son from an affair or something.

On Benji tho….
    Amazing game for him.

Lots of positive reviews this year about him,
    Good to hear.

• @:

Geez Wighton is a dud.

Is it just me or is Papalii start starting to wane?

• Is it just me or is Papalii STAR starting to waine?

• @:

Is it just me or is Papalii STAR starting to waine?

Yes I would agree with you there….

• I’d like for someone to explain how Raiders, essentially an unchanged lineup vs last year, are doing so poorly when they were such a premiership threat last year.

• Great question Jirskyr! I started to write along the same lines yesterday, but got interrupted. When observing the table(ladder) I came to the conclusion, at this stage, we & the Knights are not doing too bad - in terms of points. Don’t get me wrong, our situation is dire. However, we are running around with a bunch of boys, some reggies and a hand full of regular, solid 1st graders. Compare our team on paper to that of the Dogs, Raiders, Titans & Warriors and the players they have at their disposal week after week. We have not fielded our strongest side since whenever. Everybody acknowledges this! Hence, we are positioned exactly where we should be on the ladder. Our team is not not up to standard. These forementioned teams supporters must be Spitting - looking at the number of quality players running around for them. Hang in there Guys & Go Weststigers!

• I personally reckon the explanation for the Raiders 2017 is that successful seasons are 75% planning + execution, 25% self-belief. Teams get into a groove and think they can or will win, and that makes a difference in tough games.

Cronulla and Raiders last year just got in a habit of winning and knowing how to get it done. Raiders have lost that, the roster and skillbase is still there, but the mental confidence has been lost and it’s a huge fall down the table. Sharkies are at risk of something similar, they are competing in games but their ball control and execution is way down against last year.

On the flipside, Manly have found the self-confidence without making huge roster changes 2017.

So much of it is about self-belief and this comes back to Tigers, they just don’t have it right now, they don’t seem to believe they can win even when the game is there for the taking - Sharks x2, Titans, Dragons, Eels games all totally winnable.

• @:

I personally reckon the explanation for the Raiders 2017 is that successful seasons are 75% planning + execution, 25% self-belief. Teams get into a groove and think they can or will win, and that makes a difference in tough games.

Cronulla and Raiders last year just got in a habit of winning and knowing how to get it done. Raiders have lost that, the roster and skillbase is still there, but the mental confidence has been lost and it’s a huge fall down the table. Sharkies are at risk of something similar, they are competing in games but their ball control and execution is way down against last year.

On the flipside, Manly have found the self-confidence without making huge roster changes 2017.

So much of it is about self-belief and this comes back to Tigers, they just don’t have it right now, they don’t seem to believe they can win even when the game is there for the taking - Sharks x2, Titans, Dragons, Eels games all totally winnable.

Winning mentality is probably part of it. They probably also liked being under-rated and are struggling with the contender tag the same way Penrith did at the start of the season. Some of their better performers from last year are just obviously down on form too - Leilua, Boyd, Paulo, Papalii and Tapine, Austin…a lot of their better players are just in the rocks and diamonds category and are coming up rock too much. Rapana is still a beast though.

Recent Topics