Chris Lawrence...time to move him on ?

• I dont know what to think about Lawrence i know he is under contract next yr but his performances have been on the slide since his hip dislo. Does Ivan cut him loose let him look elsewhere such as Super League ? With guys like Lewis and Hoffman available that would be better players to fill the experience void.

• I’m not sure people realise this but due to the fact that Lawernce is our only long serving player and will be until at least 2019, he is in our team costing us nothing in cap money.
    Not every team has the benefit of this. The Bulldogs for instance have no long serving players that would qualify.
    I believe it is 7 years with the club.
    That being said is there any point in moving him on when he more than adequately provides depth?

• Sorry Josh Morris may fall into that category.

• No

• Keep him, certainly. Try to replace him in first grade fine, but keep him at the club. He still has plenty to offer in the run on team, or on the bench, or in Reserves.

• ForumSupporter

Only if we can get Boyd Cordner or Matt Gillett as a replacement…

• Showing him the door would be the biggest show of disrespect after he downgraded his contract to stay at the club, and it shows how much he loves WT. Wests Tigers have never had a one club player, let’s try and have one at least…

• Just let him be. Doesn’t cost much and is one of our few players that respect the club and plays with passion

• I don’t mind Lawrence lately, he hasn’t made any errors or missed tackles for weeks.

• I think our club needs to show it does value loyalty. We have been bad at this lately, and I’d hate to see rowdy go.

Doesn’t mean I think he should be guaranteed a spot in the 17.

• I don’t get why anyone would consider for one second letting Lawrence go.

1. Long term junior.
    2. Great person.
    3. An edge backrower with pace who hits it up hard.

I can understand letting players go like Benji who wanted too much money. We should have let Robbie go rather than pay him too much. If we are paying a fair wage though we should try and keep these guys at the club for life and manage the end of their careers with a bit of respect.

• @:

I don’t get why anyone would consider for one second letting Lawrence go.

1. Long term junior.
    2. Great person.

I can understand letting players go like Benji who wanted too much money. We should have let Robbie go rather than pay him too much. If we are paying a fair wage though we should try and keep these guys at the club for life and manage the end of their careers with a bit of respect.

We should pick the best 17 every week. If he’s not in the best 17 he shouldn’t be picked. It’s about winning.

• No!

He is a true clubman, junior, professional, leader and role model that costs us bugger all. He may not be the player he once was, nor could have been, but he goes okay and gave up a lot of dollars to open our cap for this season when he extended last year.

Whether or not he is in the top seventeen is another matter.

• @:

I don’t get why anyone would consider for one second letting Lawrence go.

1. Long term junior.
    2. Great person.

Yes, we need to keep him. Plays with passion. Good defender.

• @:

Showing him the door would be the biggest show of disrespect after he downgraded his contract to stay at the club, and it shows how much he loves WT. Wests Tigers have never had a one club player, let’s try and have one at least…

I agree plus he is costing bugger all on the cap, we have shown too many long serving players the door, we need to show some loyalty because kicking long serving players to the kerb has not worked.

Recent Topics