June 30 Is It Going To be A Mad Scramble

• June 30 is on our door step so is it going to be a mad scramble of players shifting clubs , will the Tigers spring any surprises with a new player or 2 before the deadline , will we have anyone leave before the deadline , Balin just retired so there is some cash

• Ballin only comes off the cap if it can be paid out through insurance. They’d have to prove it’s a new injury as well if I remember correctly.

• Bugger no spare cash from Ballin then

• No ones leaving

• ForumSupporter

No one’s coming…

• @:

Ballin only comes off the cap if it can be paid out through insurance. They’d have to prove it’s a new injury as well if I remember correctly.

Didn’t he do his other knee this time?

There was an article in the Tele a few days ago about how Ballin retiring would save us 200k. Article was behind a paywall and i’d never pay those guys a cent but yeah it sounded like we’d free up cap space to either move in a fringe player, accommodate Twal (but he was signed before he retired) or being in someone new (unlikley)

• CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, The Daily Telegraph
    June 26, 2017 6:49pm
    Subscriber only
    MATT Ballin is confident he will receive a career-ending injury insurance payout, which could add another $200,000 to the Wests Tigers’ bulging coffers.

One of the NRL’s good guys called time on his career after struggling to overcome an injury to his ‘’good knee’’ against St George Illawarra in round five.

Being able to run around after his three young children was one factor that made the gut-wrenching decision to retire a little easier.

Johnathan Thurston touched on the same issue when discussing his season-ending shoulder injury last Friday.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Ballin and the Tigers will apply to have the final six months of his deal paid out by insurance firm QBE because he will never be able to play again.

Boxing webpromo 650x100 (2).jpg

The NRL have already received an application from the Tigers to assess Ballin’s claim.

Should they agree Ballin’s injury was not pre-existing and bad enough to keep him out of the game for good, the NRL will allow the Tigers to exclude the hooker’s final six months of his deal in their cap.

• @:

CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, The Daily Telegraph
    June 26, 2017 6:49pm
    Subscriber only
    MATT Ballin is confident he will receive a career-ending injury insurance payout, which could add another $200,000 to the Wests Tigers’ bulging coffers.

One of the NRL’s good guys called time on his career after struggling to overcome an injury to his ‘’good knee’’ against St George Illawarra in round five.

Being able to run around after his three young children was one factor that made the gut-wrenching decision to retire a little easier.

Johnathan Thurston touched on the same issue when discussing his season-ending shoulder injury last Friday.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Ballin and the Tigers will apply to have the final six months of his deal paid out by insurance firm QBE because he will never be able to play again.

Boxing webpromo 650x100 (2).jpg

The NRL have already received an application from the Tigers to assess Ballin’s claim.

Should they agree Ballin’s injury was not pre-existing and bad enough to keep him out of the game for good, the NRL will allow the Tigers to exclude the hooker’s final six months of his deal in their cap.

Not going to happen

• same knee same injury :blah :blah :blah

• We’ll play out the season with the roster we’ve got…

• @:

same knee same injury :blah :blah :blah

Different knee and different injury, as this one is cartilage rather than ligaments.

Doubt we will be making any announcements by tomorrow’s deadline.

• @:

@:

same knee same injury :blah :blah :blah

Different knee and different injury, as this one is cartilage rather than ligaments.

Doubt we will be making any announcements by tomorrow’s deadline.

Then it is not a old injury.

• I have a feeling the loophole on this one opened then quickly shut after Watmong.

• “MATT Ballin is confident he will receive a career-ending injury insurance payout, which could add another $200,000 to the Wests Tigers’ bulging coffers.
    'Should they agree Ballin’s injury was not pre-existing and bad enough to keep him out of the game for good, the NRL will allow the Tigers to exclude the hooker’s final six months of his deal in their cap.”

If I am reading that correctly 6 months of his contract is worth $200,000?
    SERIOUSLY?
    If we were paying him $400,000 a year it’s no wonder we’re in trouble. :crazy

• The worst signing I’ve ever seen from a cost to benefit perspective. I wish him well but signings like that are exactly what we don’t need.

Recent Topics