Did the players know?

Just wanted to ask a more relevant question, its been discussed on the 3 shows tonight (Tactics, Johns, Footy show).

Do you think the players knew?

And do you think Bellamy knew?

I think the players had no idea, and Bellamy definitely knew.

Bellamy knew for sure! Had too, his INTEGRITY has to be questioned? Ambitious or greedy? Some players knew, not all only those at the top! Unfortunately it should be one in all in and the STORM players should be overlooked for REP HONOURS until 2012.

bellamy definetly i think a few players would know for sure eg smith, cronk, slater etc as they would of been recieving payments from external sources as the NRL would of noticed extra payments from the team. i just dont know if they new to wat extent

He had to know. He says who he wants. He cannot play dumb here.

they mentioned on the thursday night live that the players dont talk to each other about what they are paid, thats bs!!! no way do i believe that in the last 3 years none of the top players in the storm talked to each other about what figure they were on? we all do it. i dont think the players knew what exactly was going on but they would have had an inclining of something and they turned a blind eye. bellamy had to know for sure aswell, hes the coach!!! coaches these days are as involved in management than anyone else it seems, there is no way he didn’t know. he had to have started wondering how all these great players of high salary were staying with the club under the cap?

smh are running a few pages on what theyve found tommorrow hope its got new info!!!

They would never publically admit to knowing anything!!!

i think that individual players would have known what was the amount on the contract they signed for NRL and would have known the extra they were getting in their pocket. This players would at least have suspected others in the club were on similar deals.

You’ll never know… but I am willing to say the majority of players wouldn’t have known. However that said, if they were getting extra money outside their contract, I know they’re footy players… but jeas…

read my post re: Steve Price who was twice the recipient of intentional salary rorts at the dogs & NZ.

He & his manager are sweet & he will be working in an NRL management role from 2011!

I trust that answers this naive query….

Bellamy: I think he may have been in on it, but proving it is a different matter

Players: I doubt it here, if you went to a clubs training session and asked a player how much some of their team mates are on, I doubt they could tell you, I doubt they work it out themselves. Unless they knew where their money was coming from, I doubt they knew.

@Properossi:

Bellamy knew for sure! Had too, his INTEGRITY has to be questioned? Ambitious or greedy? Some players knew, not all only those at the top! Unfortunately it should be one in all in and the STORM players should be overlooked for REP HONOURS until 2012.

What integrity was left to be questioned? Bellamy makes Malthouse look like the most honest bloke on the Australian sporting landscape.

Simple test for the players: If they receive income from “other sources”, do they declare it in their tax returns?

• yes = they are innocent of deception

• no = they know it is dodgy and should be hit by the NRL and the ATO

As above, the ATO will sort it out. If they declare it then it will be difficult to prove they knew anything.

@alexaki:

They would never publically admit to knowing anything!!!

I agree, the only time they may admit something is just before they die, or when there is no possible way for them to be held accountable and prosecuted.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme