Player stats from today

• 1. Naiqama - 202 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 6 tackles, 1 missed tackle

2. Nofoaluma - 138 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 5 tackles, 1 missed tackle

3. Marsters - 92 metres in attack, 9 tackles, 4 missed tackles

4. Suli (66 minutes) - 129 metres in attack, 2 line breaks, 1 try assist, 7 tackles

18. MWZ - 135 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 6 tackles

6. Lolohea - 44 metres in attack, 6 goals, 1 try assist, 24 tackles, 3 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 177 metres in attack, 1 try, 2 line breaks, 19 tackles, 7 missed tackles

8. Woods (61 minutes) - 157 metres in attack, 24 tackles, 1 missed tackle (several great offloads)

9. Liddle (68 minutes) - 85 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 40 tackles, 3 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (40 minutes) - 117 metres in attack, 17 tackles, 1 missed tackle

11. Sue (37 minutes) - 64 metres in attack, 16 tackles, 2 missed tackles

12. Edwards - 23 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 10 missed tackles

13. Taylor - 58 metres in attack, 34 tackles, 3 missed tackles

14. Eisenhuth (61 minutes) - 99 metres in attack, 35 tackles, 3 missed tackles

16. Chee-Kam (14 minutes) - 56 metres in attack, 1 tackle

17. McIlwrick (12 minutes) - 59 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 2 tackles, 1 missed tackle

21. Twal (40 minutes) - 112 metres in attack, 20 tackles

Possession - 54% to the Tigers
    Completion rate - 85%
    Line breaks - 9 to 3
    Offloads - 6
    Missed tackles - 40
    Errors - 8

• Solid contribution from the bench.

It’s not often your half back runs for nearly 200 metres!

• Maybe Woods needs less minutes….the gaping hole he left for the Knights 2nd try was due to either fatigue or laziness

• Forgot the Field Goal for Brooks

• Good output from Twal & Eisenhuth. They’ve earnt a bench spot for next game.

• Jesus !! Edwards missed a lot of tackles … I cant remember seeing him miss that many…

Great collective effort from the team and those stats certainly prove it …

• @:

Good output from Twal & Eisenhuth. They’ve earnt a bench spot for next game.

without a question

I’d swap Loz for Edwards and Aloiai for MCK when they return

Grant can sit out for mine

• Yikes 40 missed tackles…

• I’m overseas so could only listen on the radio, but they didn’t mention Suli coming off, is he all good?

• Administrators

Most of the missed tackles happened in the last 20 minutes when Newcastle came back

• 85% completion rate will nearly always ensure that you win the game. A while since we were up that high.

However, 40 Missed tackles is massive and puts untold pressure on the team (Edwards, Brooks and Marsters were the main offenders going on stats - however that really means nothing as Woods missed one that led to a try, so which is worse - Edwards missing 10 and they don’t score or the one that is missed that does).
    Brooks is an anomaly as he defended well last week and his attack was not so good - this week it was the reverse. Having the forwards going forward helped his attack but the defense (was he isolated?).

8 errors can be fixed more easily - not too bad for the Tigers, but uncharacteristic for a Cleary team (at this stage though it is not really a Cleary team).

All in all a pleasing result at last for a team that is trying it’s backside off, hopefully with the weeks break, another game with the halves playing together and another NRL game for all the youngsters, we will see further improvement in our next game. Not expecting a win against Manly but a good solid effort will be a good result.

• @:

@:

Good output from Twal & Eisenhuth. They’ve earnt a bench spot for next game.

without a question

I’d swap Loz for Edwards and Aloiai for MCK when they return

Grant can sit out for mine

Killer stung them at the end, took advantage of a tired side when they still had a sniff.

Would like a four forward bench, agree with swapping Rowdy and Aloiai for Edwards and MCK though. Rowdy is a huge improvement on Edwards.

• ForumSupporter

Luke Brooks 177m……beat it next game against the silvertail scum… : :slight_smile:

We also lost nothing with Twal and Eisenhuth on the field and Woods and Seumanufagai…good signs

• I’d like to see this v Manly (doubting Aloiai will be ready):

8. Woods
    9. Liddle
    10. Ava
    11. Lawrence
    12. ET
    13. Sue

14. Grant
    15. MMc
    16. Eisenhuth
    17. Twal

• @: