Luke Lewis..

• ForumSupporter

The Mole: Luke Lewis may leave Cronulla Sharks as rivals NRL clubs circle
    By The Mole
    an hour ago
    The Mole: Luke Lewis may leave Cronulla Sharks as rivals NRL clubs circle

Luke Lewis’ sensational form could see the veteran lost to the Cronulla Sharks next season. Lewis comes off contract at year’s end and was expected to see out his long career with one last season at the Sharks in 2018.

But three clubs - the Roosters, Manly and Wests Tigers - are so infatuated by Lewis’ outstanding form that they are considering offering him a two-year deal.
    At present, the Sharks have only tabled a one-year contract extension for the 33-year-old - and that could see him change colours next season.

Lewis is playing as well as at anytime in his long career and was superb in the big win over the Roosters last weekend, with a length-of-the-field intercept try highlighting his performance.

It was a remarkable effort from the 297-game veteran, out-sprinting a host of much younger Roosters speedsters on his way to the tryline.

Lewis wants to stay at the Sharks - but only if they come up with a two-year deal.
    The premiers are considering offering Lewis what he wants, but are also mindful of the fact that they have several fine young back-rowers coming through the ranks.
    Lewis began his career way back in 2001 at Penrith as a raw winger and has developed into one of the most polished back-rowers in the game.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/03/07/25/luke-lewis-may-leave-cronulla-sharks-as-rivals-circle

• ForumSupporter

Make it happen…that is all…

• Wouldn’t mind Lewis but heard Roosters are front runners to get him if he leaves the Sharks

• Luke would be great for our young players and brings heaps of experience to the club if he comes…
    At least you know what you get with Lewis…despite his age…,

• Great player but its a last grab at some $$$$

We need to look forward and no more Paying Overs

• @:

Great player but its a last grab at some $$$$

We need to look forward and no more Paying Overs

Still in top form at his age Spartan, he would walk into our side on one leg. We are still one quality second rower short and Lewis fits the bill.

I wouldn’t be against giving him a one year deal with an option for another year.

• Agree 100% but IO have anasta in mind whilst I type

• Chooks and Manly are our competitors….we are no chance, even if we offer massive overs, they both have other means to top up salaries

• He is the type of player we need.
    Top shelf quality
    Experienced
    Leader

Sign him up

• We already have McQueen and Lawrence as experienced back-rowers.

I am not against this signing, it would be great, but I think money can be better spent elsewhere for dynamic game-breakers.

• I give him little chance of leaving the shire, but we should be all over him all the same. If nothing else it’ll push his price up on the sharks books.

• I can’t see the Roosters offering him big money as they have their $$ invested in their high profile player already, and are fairly stacked in that department.

I would take Lewis in a heartbeat and I think originally coming from Penrith, the Tigers are the type of team I could see him coming to at this stage of his career. He would relish helping mentor the juniors we have coming through, and playing alongside Packer, Matulino, McQueen and Taylor would be pretty attractive!

• Lewis is exactly what we need

• @:

Agree 100% but IO have anasta in mind whilst I type

Anasta was garbage years before he came to us.

Lewis is still on top of his game.

Not comparable IMO mate.

• I’d be ok with it… Still playing good footy.

Recent Topics