Brett Hodgson - assistant coach 2018 *Official.

• Hodgson to return to Wests

Brett Hodgson - a legend at the Wests Tigers - is set to return to the club next season as Ivan Cleary’s right hand man.

One of the heroes of the Tigers’ remarkable 2005 premiership win, Hodgson is a future NRL head coach and is currently an assistant at English club Widnes Vikings.

The classy former fullback is a Western Suburbs junior and still holds many of the joint venture’s pointscoring records.

Hodgson has been in England since 2009, finishing his playing career with stints at Huddersfield and Warrington, and is keen to come home to his beloved Tigers.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/07/18/bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-fighting-for-coaching-life#T4kyrG6Ff92M7Cz6.99

Awesome news. Hes a smart man. Bring alot to our attack.

• Certainly is great news. Have loads of respect for him. Bet Cowboys remember him still too from that first semi in 2005.

What’s with WT loving the kickers? Taylor, Cleary, Hodgson, all great goal kickers. Hoping something rubs off, though Lolohea looks the goods which is a nice change.

Didn’t know he was a Maggies junior, thought we got him from Eels back in the day. Good to know he was ours before that.

• This would be great, would help our full backs and goal kickers!

My son will be cheering, Hodgo is one of his all time favourite players!

• I love Hodgo

• awesome

• One of our favourite sons …
    Just having him there will be a massive boost…

• Great news

• Very good news. We should have full-back play and goal kicking covered with Hodgo and Ivan.

• He’ll come back as ISP Head Coach and NRL Assistant Coach.

• @:

Certainly is great news. Have loads of respect for him. Bet Cowboys remember him still too from that first semi in 2005.

What’s with WT loving the kickers? Taylor, Cleary, Hodgson, all great goal kickers. Hoping something rubs off, though Lolohea looks the goods which is a nice change.

Didn’t know he was a Maggies junior, thought we got him from Eels back in the day. Good to know he was ours before that.

When the Sydney Team Merge was first touted, Parramatta & The Tigers were linked and Canterbury & West were an item.
    I understand that when the Tigers went to Parra to discuss a possible merge they were shown a Baseball Cap with the Tigers Logo - The Parramatta Tigers - telling then Tigers boss John Chalk that the logo was the only thing they wanted. Well that didn’t end well. But when the Tigers & Wests came together Wests Junior Hodgo had already been approached by Parramatta & given the uncertainty you can’t blame him from jumping to a perceptively strong Parra squad. (Sounds like Tigers 2017) But he returned in 2004 to our fold and the rest is history.

• @:

@:

Certainly is great news. Have loads of respect for him. Bet Cowboys remember him still too from that first semi in 2005.

When the Sydney Team Merge was first touted, Parramatta & The Tigers were linked and Canterbury & West were an item.
    I understand that when the Tigers went to Parra to discuss a possible merge they were shown a Baseball Cap with the Tigers Logo - The Parramatta Tigers - telling then Tigers boss John Chalk that the logo was the only thing they wanted. Well that didn’t end well. But when the Tigers & Wests came together Wests Junior Hodgo had already been approached by Parramatta & given the uncertainty you can’t blame him from jumping to a perceptively strong Parra squad. (Sounds like Tigers 2017) But he returned in 2004 to our fold and the rest is history.

Oh I certainly don’t blame Hodgo for going to the Eels back then. It was a crazy time, and to my knowledge he had always handled himself with class.

The sort of guy who knows that it’s not skill or size that gets the team over the line, it’s bloody hard work.

• Now there is a REAL legend of the club.

Hope it is true - can only see great benefits from having “Hodgo” back with us.

Lolo - should be a superstar goalkicker /fullback after being coached by Cleary and Hodgson.

Great times ahead … Luv it!!!

• @:

@:

@:

Oh I certainly don’t blame Hodgo for going to the Eels back then. It was a crazy time, and to my knowledge he had always handled himself with class.

The sort of guy who knows that it’s not skill or size that gets the team over the line, it’s bloody hard work.

Played for the Magpies from 1997 to 1999, played mostly wing, filled in at fullback when required until Andrew Leeds retired in early 1999 then took over the fullback role permanently, also played a few games at halfback during the 1998 season.

• @:

@:

Btw, this sort of comment is why I really enjoy this forum. I get to hear so many people tell me stories and little things about my beloved club that I never knew. Thanks LeichhardtTiger.
    Cheers mate.

• It’ll be tough for Hodgson to take over as coach after Cleary retires at the end of the 2029 season having led the club to a record-breaking 11th consecutive premiership. Fortunately he’ll be able to call on the support of trusted lieutenant Chris Lawrence, recently retired from playing after his record breaking 400th first-grade appearance.

Recent Topics