Penalty count today?

• The penalty count was directly as a result of the media attention due to the lopsided count against Manly last week. Also we are running second last away from home added to the issue. We were rorted badly and we are not good enough to overcome bad calls which, the referees know.

• @:

I’m sick of watching games where it’s refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

But hey, no one will ever talk about it because it’s just the tigers.

SPOT ON……last year it would have been overturned by the bunker…this year…???

• @:

@:

I’m sick of watching games where it’s refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

Nope not the way I saw it……after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game

well maxy….you weren’t watching properly 😒

• @:

Great teams overcome adversity…

Thats it in a nutshell. It annoys me as much as anybody, but the challenge is to overcome it. Until we have a mentality ( a bit harder today being short of subs and players backing up) that setbacks will not be the end of us the results will always be the same. Do people think the NRL and refs are going to have a meeting and say lets give the low sides more 50/50’s ? It aint gonna happen, we have to fight our way out of it and keep moving forward.

• @:

@:

Nope not the way I saw it……after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game

He was just about laying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.

• @:

@:

@:

He was lying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.

No no no no!!
    He’s done this before, watch it again he was trying to leaver himself up with the ball for a quick ptb. Stupid stupid play 5 m out from your own goal line.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

He was lying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.

No no no no!!
    He’s done this before, watch it again he was trying to leaver himself up with the ball for a quick ptb. Stupid stupid play 5 m out from your own goal line.

Stupid play, really? I, or anyone else for that matter can watch it a thousand times and it won’t change the fact that you are wrong. The ball was on his chest and he was on his back, so can you please explain how in hell he was levering himself off the ground, let alone done it before.

Sorry to get annoyed, but he played pretty good today and if not for this ridiculous non-call of a penalty, probably would be getting praised by all (except those with blinkers) for his role in a win, as it changed the momentum of the game.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

No no no no!!

Stupid play, really? I, or anyone else for that matter can watch it a thousand times and it won’t change the fact that you are wrong. The ball was on his chest and he was on his back, so can you please explain how in hell he was levering himself off the ground, let alone done it before.

Sorry to get annoyed, but he played pretty good today and if not for this ridiculous non-call of a penalty, probably would be getting praised by all (except those with blinkers) for his role in a win, as it changed the momentum of the game.

I’m recording the replay….so I will have another watch…watch this space!

• @:

Great teams overcome adversity…

….and Wests Tigers are adversity. Thats why we are overcome so often. Just ask the refs.

• We got penalised a couple of times for slowing down the play the ball while Manly seemed to be able to take their time, the hair pull on the Urban Bumpkin should have resulted in the sin bin while the failure to penalise Kelly for the strip on Brooks was definitely a game changer.
    Half the time I don’t know what the penalty is for but for two of our penalties is was pretty evident but as far as the penalties to Manly 2-1 it just about made winning impossible.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

No no no no!!

Maxxy, it was punched out…Brian Kelly I think

• @:

@:

@:

@:

No no no no!!

Maxxy, it was punched out…Brian Kelly I think

Still not convinced on the penalty and I still reckon he was about to put the ball on the ground for a quick ptb. Or at least it was poor ball control for the position of the ground. End of the day he just fluffed it up tho.

• Forget what you think he was about to do….watch what happened its there and we all can see it bar you…they even replayed it during the broadcast in slo mo

• @:

Forget what you think he was about to do….watch what happened its there and we all can see it bar you…they even replayed it during the broadcast in slo mo

I saw poor ball control really…… Honestly but I’m surely not the only one to see this really.
    Notice the players around him didn’t blow up at all after the call. Luke didn’t say anything either.

• @:

@:

Forget what you think he was about to do….watch what happened its there and we all can see it bar you…they even replayed it during the broadcast in slo mo

I saw poor ball control really…… Honestly but I’m surely not the only one to see this really.
    Notice the players around him didn’t blow up at all after the call. Luke didn’t say anything either.

Hes not used to winning, probably thought he had no chance anyways. Its a penalty any day of the week for any team except the Tigers. Was a rubbish call.

Recent Topics