Rochow signs till 2019..

• 9News the mole
    18th July 2017
    9:21am
    Rochow on the move again

The much-travelled Robbie Rochow is the latest target for the big spending Tigers - even though he joined the Storm for the remainder of this season just a few weeks ago.

Back-rower Rochow quit Souths to rejoin the Storm - where he started his top grade career in 2010 - before stints at the Knights and Rabbitohs.

I’m hearing he met with Tigers coach Ivan Cleary last week and if he goes to Concord it will be his fourth club in three years.

Such are the comings and goings of modern day footy that this sort of player movement is not that unusual any more.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/18/08/51/the-mole-eels-join-the-hunt-for-penrith-forward-leilani-latu#ku1cyJOGrr1cqQh7.99

• With this calibre of player we will be eternal cellar dwellers.

• @:

With this calibre of player we will be eternal cellar dwellers.

Just like his current club, the Melbourne Storm.

• @:

@:

i agree with kafta, we have the funds we need to go after a higher quality player, or next year will be the same as the last 10 or so.

• He’s an upgrade on Joel Edwards

• @:

@:

@:

i agree with kafta, we have the funds we need to go after a higher quality player, or next year will be the same as the last 10 or so.

What you notice about good teams is that they have both star players and cheap serviceable ones.

• @:

He’s an upgrade on Joel Edwards

Thats easy…we seem to want to sign Plodders with potential rather than proven players…

• @:

@:

@:

@:

What you notice about good teams is that they have both star players and cheap serviceable ones.

So all we’re missing is some star players because we have lots of the cheap ones.

• @:

@:

Yes he is so good he will be there for 7 rounds as emergency back up.

• This is just the same story that came out last week.

• These are the exact type of players we need to build a competitive squad. Not everyone is signed to be in the 17 everyweek. But if a regular starter goes down he is a much better option then Edwards or Lovett

• He is injury prone just like Ballin, We already have Mc Queen coming in a wheelchair.
    The state government should give us funding for a rehab of excellence.

• @:

@:

@:

Yes he is so good he will be there for 7 rounds as emergency back up.

Did Cleary call you personally to tell you he’s planning to build his pack around Rochow or are you just assuming that? Because it’s entirely possible the Tigers are after him as a backup, don’t you think? I mean, he’s a defensive workhorse who can play anywhere in the pack except hooker, for a cheap contract he looks like exactly the sort of player every team needs (including, it turns out, the Storm).

I’ll be as irritated as you are if we offer him $600k and plan to play him at edge back row every week, but until that proves to be the case I suggest you calm down and stop assuming that signing a few solid squad players means the Tigers won’t pursue superstars as and when they become available.

• 2041, i think ur right in what u have stated, i think most on here like me are a bit worried that we have not strengthen are forward pack, we have two going and 3 coming, however one may not play again, we really need 3 more good forwards and i would rather seen them here sooner rather than later.

• What happened to Rochow, only a few seasons back he was touted as the next big thing (back rower) in the game ?? Where did it all go so wrong for this kid ??

Recent Topics