101 Great Rugby League Players

In the book 101 Great Rugby League PLayers they don’t have Jarryd Hayne but have Wayne Pearce but no Robbie Farah - there is no justice in the world. (benji is in there)

I’m thinking the publishers of that book should beware of a Charlie Hebdow style form of retribution from you Byron to avenge Robbie’s honour.

Churchill still number 1? Beetson still Balmain’s best? Who was Magpies best, Summons? Frank McMillan?

Just curious, is Mark Harris from Easts and Graham Eadie from Manly in the book?

They both, were great players. :slight_smile:

They have Churchill at No. 1 and Reggie Gasnier at no. 2, then Raper and Changa. I would have thought that Big Mal should have been in there somewhere instead of 10 behind as well Messenger, A Johns, W Lewis, B Fulton, and A Beetson.

Meninga was a massive beneficiary of Walters, Daley, Stuart, Belcher and Clyde…I would have any of those players except for Walters in front of him for ability without question.
Mal IMO was a bit of a myth, brushing aside blokes on the flanks who would of been spotting him 30 or so kilograms. If he was in the forwards he wouldn’t of made a name for himself I’d reckon. Would of been interesting to see how he would of fared in this era of 100kg+ outside backs.

Meninga’s cast on his arm done all the damage.

@:

Just curious, is Mark Harris from Easts and Graham Eadie from Manly in the book?

Graham Eadie at no. 34 but no mark harris. Wayne Pearce comes in at 99, Arthur summons at 100 and Benji Marshall at 101. I can’t find the reference about Benji again but he was included though still active due to him being the most creative player in the whole history of RL.

There are players included who go back a hundred years so many recent favourites will miss out.

@:

Scott Minto?

Greg Smith?

@:

@:

Scott Minto?

Greg Smith?

No
Greg Smith nor Scott Minto, Tommy Raudonikis comes in at 60, Sattler at 93, G Inglis 94, S Roach 96.

@:

@:

Graham Eadie at no. 34 but no mark harris. Wayne Pearce comes in at 99, Arthur summons at 100 and Benji Marshall at 101. I can’t find the reference about Benji again but he was included though still active due to him being the most creative player in the whole history of RL.

There are players included who go back a hundred years so many recent favourites will miss out.

Did Frank Burge get a mention. He is probably the greatest forward not to have been inducted as an immortal 😦

He is the youngest player ever in both Rugby and League. Also the youngest Kangaroo selected ( Though he eventually did not go on tour)

Frank comes in at no. 19, the greatest try scoring forward until Steve Menzies, but Burge got his in much less games. That’s going back to 1920 when my mum was just an itch in my grandfather’s undies.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.