2018 Attack?

• We all agree that our attack is really pedestrian in 2017. Does it really get any better next year? The only changes are:

1. Reynolds/Milne come into the backline for Tedesco.
    2. Packer/Matulino into the front row for Woods/Seufumungai.
    3. McQueen (Not an attacking player) into the 2nd row.
    4. A few ok wingers come in…

I fail to see how our lack of attack will be any better???

• I expect a better roll on with the forwards that may provide more opportunities. Lolo getting a full off season for his fitness. I’d expect things to be a little better at least.

• Not if brooks continues to not be able to get a repeat set… absolutely had a gutful… go hard for cooper cronk. but brooks in reserves.

• Our whole style will change next year. Cleary assembled that team and I don’t wall know how he’s going to use it, but suffice to say he’s targeted these players for a specific purpose. Keen to see how it looks in Round 5 than guess about it now.

• Our whole style will change next year. Cleary assembled that team and I don’t wall know how he’s going to use it, but suffice to say he’s targeted these players for a specific purpose. Keen to see how it looks in Round 5 than guess about it now.

• Our team is a massive upgrade in attack next year.
    1. Packer and Matulino bend the line and play the ball quick. Our field position will also improve.
    2. Liddle is the key his growth will be a major factor.
    3. Reynolds will be a big upgrade at 6 from Tui or Moses.
    4. Milne& Suli provide 2 powerful edge runners for Brooks
    5. McQueen is a solid edge runner we don’t have.
    6. Tui is a wildcard at fullback big downgrade from Teddy
    7. Fonua gives us another powerful runner and finisher Big upgrade from Kev.
    8. Brooks has a full offseason under Cleary

We need to improve the team so the reliance on Brooks/ Reynolds/Tui is not as great. If we can jag Boyle, Vete, Rona we will be a real finals threat.

• @:

Our team is a massive upgrade in attack next year.
    1. Packer and Matulino bend the line and play the ball quick. Our field position will also improve.

We need to improve the team so the reliance on Brooks/ Reynolds/Tui is not as great. If we can jag Boyle, Vete, Rona we will be a real finals threat.

Good post. Tui is a massive downgrade on Teddy but as you state he is a wildcard. I can see him turning into a great little player. I accept I’m being extremely optimistic but he has a tonne of talent.

The only thing I think missed in your points above is the players like Twal/Aloiai/Eisenhuth and Marsters who may really add some spark to the team. I’m worried over Reynolds as well but I can see your point.

I think we will be better next year.

• @:

@:

Our team is a massive upgrade in attack next year.

Good post. Tui is a massive downgrade on Teddy but as you state he is a wildcard. I can see him turning into a great little player. I accept I’m being extremely optimistic but he has a tonne of talent.

The only thing I think missed in your points above is the players like Twal/Aloiai/Eisenhuth and Marsters who may really add some spark to the team. I’m worried over Reynolds as well but I can see your point.

I think we will be better next year.

Two positive postings. It’s great to see.

• Our recruitment from now on will determine if we are a top 6-8 squad or a bottom 8 squad. Our lack of quality starters in the backrow is worrying. ET, McQueen and Lawrence is not good enough. ET who I like is a luxury player in a dominant pack where his nous and workload benefit the team. We need better go forward as he is a poor metre eater.

• Id rather we fix our defense first

• Yes it will.

• Just straighten the attack and half the work is done. Cut out the cross-field stuff and go hard and straight.

Also need far more bodies in motion, it’s just too obvious we go to Turdesco every time and there’s no other options to hit anyway.

• Twal Eisenhuth and Marsters really look good to me.
    This Twal guy they can’t get him down.

Lets face it last week we got robbed this week unlucky I’m very disappointed . But the reality is there are many positives.
    1. Our errors and penalties conceeded is top 8 standard.
    2. We play committed for the full 80.
    3. Our defense and goal line defence is cutting against top 8 teams we nearly beat close to the semis at full strength.
    4. Twal, Eusenhuth, Milne , Fanua and Marsters look the goods to me and possibly even Suli getting plenty of experience.
    5.As Tyga said Lolohea is a wildcard who can only get better.
    6. Our kicking game finally has some substance to it.
    7. And not to mention Reynolds, Packer ,Matulino and McQueen and possibly Watson and Others.

Looke to me our game willbe set up around offloads sweepers and support under Cleary which could really pay the way the rules are interpreted around the ruck.

Its just to long till next year.

• Tui isn’t as good as Tedesco but right now Tedesco tries to create plays from nowhere and we lose shape. It’s possible that Tui will actually be better from a team perspective in attack.

• Would have to be better than 2012-2017……@s the mere cats would say ‘Simple’

Recent Topics