550K well spent or...

• Wasted with Brooks. Read in today’s Sunday mail up here that Benji will only be offered 100K next season.
    Didn’t think I’d ever say it but I’d take him over Luke in the blink of an eye.

• @:

Wasted with Brooks. Read in today’s Sunday mail up here that Benji will only be offered 100K next season.
    Didn’t think I’d ever say it but I’d take him over Luke in the blink of an eye.

In a heartbeat…
    I was pissed when Brooks took up his offer …
    "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY "

• We should have gone hard for Benji.

• Far out. Would happilly offer Benji 300k.

• Brooks has had more than enough time to establish himself as a first grader…I have said on many occasions that the team will not reach the next level with Brooks at 7. His time is up and has to be moved on regardless of the contractual issues or play him in the reggies as frankly that is where he belongs .

• To be honest with Brooks. If we are looking to him to win a game then the team isn’t do their job.
    I know the spine is where the points come from but it does give an indication that we are well behind all over the park.
    Brooks or another halfback it doesn’t matter we shouldn’t be putting them in positions where they need to win the game. It would be bloody nice for a game to be won because of the effort from the forwards or the backs / backrowers breaking the nine.
    Doesn’t mean I don’t think Brooks needs to pick up hod game just means the team sucks as a whole.

• A stint in reserve grade wouldn’t hurt ……after all, that’s where he has supposedly played his best football.

• @:

A stint in reserve grade wouldn’t hurt ……after all, that’s where he has supposedly played his best football.

He never played reggies , went from toyota cup crap straight into firsts and was tauted as the next Joey Johns …
    Maybe some pingers will spark his game ?

• Brooks had a mixed bag today. Overall a below average game but consider the rest of the spine and the roster he has to marshall around.

We will be a better rounded unit with Lolo out of the halves and Reynolds there next year. Matty Mac needs to be tapped on the shoulder and told to work on his ability to play the 80. Carrying JLJ on that bench was criminal.

• @:

Brooks had a mixed bag today. Overall a below average game but consider the rest of the spine and the roster he has to marshall around.

We will be a better rounded unit with Lolo out of the halves and Reynolds there next year. Matty Mac needs to be tapped on the shoulder and told to work on his ability to play the 80. Carrying JLJ on that bench was criminal.

Arrived late at the ground for various reasons with M4 changes not helping, and whilst we made kickoff, did not know the final lineup. Was really angry as well when I saw JLJ going on to replace MM.

• @:

Brooks had a mixed bag today. Overall a below average game but consider the rest of the spine and the roster he has to marshall around.

I’d assume it’s because of his dodgy knees, not a lack of willingness. That said, if Liddle is fit we probably win and JLJ is not even close to first grade level. I wonder if JMK gets a shot if he’s fit?
    How many clubs would have a decent third-string hooker? Surely (and I know JT tried it with poor results) we can get ET in their for 10 minutes either side of half time?

Back on point though, I think 50-60 minutes of McIlwrick quality is worth it. Hell if Liddle goes down next year I’d have Reynolds spell him (MM) and just play with one half.

• Offered little in attack.
    But his kicking game was the best he has played imo.

• Moses is putting in solid games at Parra when he never used to do that for us in the past. Put a good player behind the right pack and they will shine. Just give Brooks a chance next year and see if he improves under a new coach and forward pack, if he still fails to put in solid, constant performances then it’ll be clear he just isn’t NRL standard.

• @:

Moses is putting in solid games at Parra when he never used to do that for us in the past. Put a good player behind the right pack and they will shine. Just give Brooks a chance next year and see if he improves under a new coach and forward pack, if he still fails to put in solid, constant performances then it’ll be clear he just isn’t NRL standard.

Usually I say the exact same thing, and we will see next year.

But I’m worried that maybe it isn’t the bad pack at Wests Tigers that made it so hard for Brooks, maybe it’s just his ability. How long has it been since he debuted? Five years? His career is half over. He still can barely get a good fifth tackle kick away, still can’t pop a field goal under pressure when we need it. He must have had a dozen chances at field goals over the years to win it, I’d be interested to see the stats on how many has he missed opposed to ones he got over. He must have gotten a couple over surely, though I can’t remember any ??

Recent Topics