Wests/Balmain clubs how do you feel!

Our 2 clubs were butchered and destoyed by News Limited now we have this huge scandal and News Limited are going to pay the 2 million in fines for these grubs this organisation knows no bounds…how do we all feel today guys! Think about that when you buy the tele or watch fox tommorrow.Our great commentators forget about the GRIEF these Morons have caused.

I am ok with it.

I made my peace with the merger many moons ago. It was decided that certain criteria had to be met and my team did not meet those. In a painful time we decided to merge rather than fade away ala Newtown.

The current dramas have very little to do with our merger.

News Limited is paying the fines as they own the team

move on….I did i 2000 when we became the WT…

@alexaki:

Mate I didn’t get over it until 2003/04 season… the seasons prior to this I gave up on the game…

If anyone here can name one good thing News Ltd. has done for our game I will pay you bills for a year.

I can tell you many bad things they have done for our game.

They are a digusting organisisation.

well i USED to support balmain and i dont blame news ltd for us folding/having to merge.

@Kaiser:

@alexaki:

Mate I didn’t get over it until 2003/04 season… the seasons prior to this I gave up on the game…

Took me two seasons to come around….holding grudges holds you back, stops you growing & moving forward

I never thought I could support the Wests Tigers after supporting Balmain since I was a little kid, but you know what I wouldn’t have it any other way now!

My 3 teams in order now are
Wests Tigers
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies…
All the others can get stuffed…

But I still firmly believe in ONE home Ground, for the future of our Club’s chances of making the 8 more often!!!..Guess which one?

@Aladinsane:

My 3 teams in order now are
Wests Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies…
All the others can get stuffed…

But I still firmly believe in ONE home Ground, for the future of our Club’s chances of making the 8 more often!!!..Guess which one?

Wests Tigers
Western Suburbs Magpies…

I belive in a 50/50 split however always whilst we are a JV…

Guess which one? Campbelltown…

I thought about this a bit yesterday. We merged to allow clubs like Melbourne to come in. I loved the Balmain Tigers but now the Wests Tigers are my team and always will be.

It was News Ltd’s involvement in the game when they funded the Super League debacle that saw player payments escalate and meant that the traditional clubs were no longer viable as a competitive stand alone entity.
For 1999 the new criteria demanded by News Ltd saw clubs axed and another forced to merge, for 2000 the criteria called for 14 clubs which saw yet more clubs axed and more forced to merge, thus was the Wests Tigers created, neither Wests Magpies or the Balmain Tigers have survived for more than a few seasons if they had stood alone and not merged.
All the while this newly created team in the South of this country had a bucket load of money poured into them, so much so it would have cleared the foreign debt of a South American country, but greed came into it and despite all their promise they had the hide to cheat on player payments.
We will see in 2011 just how many participants in this disgraceful organisation will hang around for half the money they are earning now.
It’s an old cliche in RL that most players would play for nothing, now we’ll find out, there is no solace however to the fans of all the clubs that were culled to allow the Southern interlopers their inclusion in our great game. :deadhorse:

@Balmain Bug:

If anyone here can name one good thing News Ltd. has done for our game I will pay you bills for a year.

Having fox sports have a number of live games over the weekend and monday night plus shows like NRL on fox and NRL tactics,replays of all games during the week,chooseday night football replaying games from the past.I couldnt live here in Adelaide without fox, helps me keep in touch with our great game.
Can you PM your email address and will send you my accounts for the year so you can pay them thanks for the offer mate.

do not feel cheated.
the two foundations took opportunity and merged, and won a premiership.
probably still peed off that NRL did not step in and save norths when they were once part of northern eagles.
still can’t/won’t let go of grudge still have against manly to this day, how they lured magpies players to silvertail land in late 70’s early 80’s. when they secured services of Boyd, Brown & Dorahy

I am no Manly supporter, in fact they are one of my worst teams in the comp.

But Western Suburbs were happy to buy Gillespie, Langmack and Farrar from the Dogs - is that double standards?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme