Eisenhuth: "I just want to keep improving"

• ForumSupporter

Eisenhuth: “I just want to keep improving”

Wed 26th July, 11:30AM

Wests Tigers forward Matt Eisenhuth spoke to the media on Wednesday ahead of his side’s Round 21 clash against the Gold Coast Titans this Sunday afternoon.

Set for the second start of his young career, Eisenhuth said he was relishing every moment to play in the NRL and was solely focused on ending the 2017 season on a positive note.

“I think within the team we can see how much we’re improving,” Eisenhuth said.

"I think there’s periods in the games now where we’re defending our try-line and turning teams away, and I think previously from the outside looking in that didn’t seem to happen as much.

"The boys’ attitude has been massive to that and it’s really shown.

"I think we’ve done a good job in the last few weeks of pushing those top eight sides.

“The Sharks, Titans, Manly, Parramatta — we’re showing a lot of fight and determination, but it’s just those little things that are letting us down in and that’s what we need to improve in.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/07/26/press_conference_mat.html

• ForumSupporter

Speaks very well…if not for a pre-season injury would have debuted earlier…

One of the good things to come out of the shambles…

Keep it up Matt…re-sign the guy Ivan…

• Matt, is a good player….like him alot…has good D and a bit of an offload.

• Attitude e definitely has improved imo I just want it to keep improving… No dropping back to the old crap

• Great prospect and has a good motor and skill set. Looks to fit in well with a good off season in the backrow or lock position for 2018

• @:

Great prospect and has a good motor and skill set. Looks to fit in well with a good off season in the backrow or lock position for 2018

Was going to say the same, 2018 backrower for sure, he is a definite keeper.

• Sounds like a good kid. I work with his father.

• Very happy Ivan has given him a go this season. He certainly doesn’t look out of place in FG and hopefully with a strong off-season ahead, he’ll be all the better for it next year.

• Go you good thing.

One of the positives to come out of this year.

• @:

Sounds like a good kid. I work with his father.

Did he mention if his son is staying put, or had any offers from other clubs ?

• He looks good doesn’t he. He should be in the team for a while.

• I said in an early thread that youth is wonderful thing…under good guidance his development and education to play and be successful at this level will be outstanding especially with his great attitude…
    I hope he does end up having a wonderful career in the NRL…and with us…

• I hope we buy him, the guy has safe hands and great attitude …and I really do think there’s more left in the tank with him.

• Really impressed with the way he went against gc
    Deadset worker and defnately has offloading abilities. Reckon he can be a real attacking threat in the middle and linking with outside backs
    Hope he gets a new deal soon
    Definate backrow starter in 2018

• He is going very well hopefully we can give him a 3 year deal which will keep him here till the end of 2020.

It is not often that i see a player in our forwards who i want us to keep virtually from the start, but he has a good work ethic and makes his presence felt he is an asset.

Recent Topics