Benji Marshall - Official..

@:

I thought Benji played better than Milford

One kick was caught in-goal otherwise he was really good bar couple of mistakes and errors

2 sticking points were the drop ball from dummy half and the penalty on Mitchell

Yes if not for those 3 errors he was a 9/10 for mine. But that’s always been the problem??

The poor kick I can live with, it happens and I thought the rest of his kicking game was great.

But the facial was a bad brain snap and the knock-on was a totally unnecessary ‘hero’ play that I thought would have been out of his game… and led to a Roosters try.

He’ll get crucified on here if he keeps that up!

Same old, same old, but okay on reasonable coin.

Not having a go at Benji…… BUT, a knock-on at dummy-half, an important bomb landing in goal, and barely ran. Brooks would be crucified if he did that.

@:

@:

One kick was caught in-goal otherwise he was really good bar couple of mistakes and errors

2 sticking points were the drop ball from dummy half and the penalty on Mitchell

Don’t blame him for either myself.

They were on a roll for the first one and I am sure Unca Wayne want everything done at double speed.

As regards the Mitchell penalty - he was at Benji all night with some dodgy incidents. I would have put my hand and elbow in his smug face as well.

Just seeing Mitchells face makes me wanna give him a facial

you can tell he is a real smart arse

and a cry baby, when he wasnt getting games

@:

Not having a go at Benji…… BUT, a knock-on at dummy-half, an important bomb landing in goal, and barely ran. Brooks would be crucified if he did that.

Not defending Benji . . . but put in a great short kick for the donkeys first try. Pulled off some big defensive hits, and his spiral bombs are a work of art too.
Not sure if he was doing the kicks in general play, but most found the grass.
He didn’t have a perfect game, but at the ground, he looked like he went fine. A couple of brain snaps, but at least he ain’t no Ferguson !
I don’t think he is the #7 answer. I’m hoping he can at least teach Brooks to execute an effective grubber, and teach him to spiral bomb.
My hope to our #7 issues is Gamble.

@:

@:

Not defending Benji . . . but put in a great short kick for the donkeys first try. Pulled off some big defensive hits, and his spiral bombs are a work of art too.
Not sure if he was doing the kicks in general play, but most found the grass.
He didn’t have a perfect game, but at the ground, he looked like he went fine. A couple of brain snaps, but at least he ain’t no Ferguson !
I don’t think he is the #7 answer. I’m hoping he can at least teach Brooks to execute an effective grubber, and teach him to spiral bomb.
My hope to our #7 issues is Gamble.

I agree that Benji had a decent game. Just pointing out that if Brooks had a similar game, many would be laying the boot in.

Benji’s bombs are looking better than ever. Maybe his defence also.

Benji was one of the Bronocos best. Sadly he came up with a couple of poor options at the end that took the gloss off a good performance.

@:

@:

@:

Don’t blame him for either myself.

They were on a roll for the first one and I am sure Unca Wayne want everything done at double speed.

As regards the Mitchell penalty - he was at Benji all night with some dodgy incidents. I would have put my hand and elbow in his smug face as well.

Just seeing Mitchells face makes me wanna give him a facial

you can tell he is a real smart arse

and a cry baby, when he wasnt getting games

You are absolutely spot on there LTWT.

They talk about Moylan. James Bracey and Ricky Ponting having punchable faces - please add the king of all punchable faces.

If Brookes kicked half as well as Benji last night, we would have won some more.

Sure he had some brain snaps, but his general kicking game was pretty good, found the grass between fullback n wingers more often than not, short kicking game was good. If Brookes could do that, wouldnt need so many backups.

@:

If Brookes kicked half as well as Benji last night, we would have won some more.

Sure he had some brain snaps, but his general kicking game was pretty good, found the grass between fullback n wingers more often than not, short kicking game was good. If Brookes could do that, wouldnt need so many backups.

Exactly, saying our forwards are no good so Brooks couldn’t perform is just a weak excuse, the forwards don’t kick the ball for him.
Brooks may come good but he has shown diddly squat in 4 years, he has not earnt a first grade spot, he needs to earn a spot next year from reserve grade.

It was textbook Benji, nothing has changed. Some iffy moments, some brilliance, and then muffed the game when it was on the line.
That kick that led to Oates try was a pearler - good chance they score from getting the ball back there, even if Ferguson doesn’t spontaneously combust.
Sadly he had the game in his hands twice after Mitchell’s try and couldn’t come up with a repeat set, let alone a try - the grubber for Gillett that was underhit was very poor, and then the 3v2 wide on the right that ended in nothing.

@:

@:

Exactly, saying our forwards are no good so Brooks couldn’t perform is just a weak excuse, the forwards don’t kick the ball for him.
Brooks may come good but he has shown diddly squat in 4 years, he has not earnt a first grade spot, he needs to earn a spot next year from reserve grade.

And I love Benji, but he’s had nearly 15 years to learn how to close out big games, and he showed last night he still can’t do it. Least Brooks has a few match winning plays next to his name.

@:

@:

And I love Benji, but he’s had nearly 15 years to learn how to close out big games, and he showed last night he still can’t do it. Least Brooks has a few match winning plays next to his name.

@:

@:

@:

Although Brooks hasn’t achieved much in his short career , after watching Benji play a full 80 I think they’re on par .
Benji will bring the crowds back and put bums on seats and the kids will love him again , but God help us if he’s in our starting 17 .

@:

@:

@:

Can’t you remember the 2005 GF, Benji brilliance, Benji has a whole host of match winning plays to his name you surely must remember. I am not saying Benji is a great 7, but he is better than Brooks who is a poor one.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.