Nick Meaney - Fullback

• Been watching this kid for a while in State Cup for Newcastle.

Not sure his contract situation however we should target him with Kayln Ponga joining Newcastle next year. You would think Ponga would be the Knights fullback

This kid is fast, tall and going to be a very good fullback I reckon. Has all the attributes. We need some youth and pace in our backline and this kid would really fit the bill I reckon.

• I’ve never seen him but I like your thinking. These are the types of signings we should be all over.

• @:

Been watching this kid for a while in State Cup for Newcastle.

Not sure his contract situation however we should target him with Kayln Ponga joining Newcastle next year. You would think Ponga would be the Knights fullback

This kid is fast, tall and going to be a very good fullback I reckon. Has all the attributes. We need some youth and pace in our backline and this kid would really fit the bill I reckon.

ALL the attributes? What’s his defence like? What’s he like under high ball? Then more importantly what’s his defensive positioning like? What’s his talk like on field??

Saying a player is tall and fast is such a tiny fraction of what makes a good fullback!
    Plus if he can’t get a start at the Knights of all places then we can make do thanks

• How many times have you watched him play?

I’m just going off what I see.

He is only 19. Already very athletic and strong. Another off season or two and I reckon he is a gun first grader.

• @:

@:

Been watching this kid for a while in State Cup for Newcastle.

ALL the attributes? What’s his defence like? What’s he like under high ball? Then more importantly what’s his defensive positioning like? What’s his talk like on field??

Saying a player is tall and fast is such a tiny fraction of what makes a good fullback!
    Plus if he can’t get a start at the Knights of all places then we can make do thanks

He played NSW Under age this year and is a very good young player. He is exactly the type of player we need to look at as there is next to no depth in the outside backs in our lower grades.

• I haven’t seen him play however a mate of mine is a trainer for the knights NYC side and reckons the knights were crazy to shell out so much money for Ponga when they had this Meaney bloke there

• I think potentially he could be as good as Ponga if not better in time.

Already handling himself really well in the State Cup - Got a really good natural build. Very dangerous ball runner and good under the high ball.

• Off contract 2018, We should also look at Jamayne Isaako from South Logan in Q cup, can play centre, fullback and halfback and a goalkicker aswell.

• Related to Sean?

• @:

Off contract 2018, We should also look at Jamayne Isaako from South Logan in Q cup, can play centre, fullback and halfback and a goalkicker aswell.

Think the commentator yesterday said he recently extended with the Knights for another 2 years.

• @:

Related to Sean?

related to dennis?

• Matt Cooper in the knights 20s looks better

• @:

How many times have you watched him play?

I’m just going off what I see.

He is only 19. Already very athletic and strong. Another off season or two and I reckon he is a gun first grader.

I don’t have to have seen him play, I was asking you legitimate questions. Basic yet important questions of the Tigers weee to look at signing him…
    So can anyone give a legitimate reason to sign him other than he is fast?

Recent Topics