Defence

• I must say that the WT defence has been very good the past fortnight. Months ago the Titans would have scored 20 in that second half. Great effort.

• I thought that a lot of the Titans handling mistakes were caused by our D today.

• The attitude has improved, the technique is sporadic but there are good signs…I just hope we keep it up going into off season
    Considering we have two very senior players moving on as well as a couple others, Cleary has done well to keep enthusiasm high and positive…our last four games you cant question the effort

• I was impressed with our slide. Nofa stayed on his man and defended with the sideline. Very good.

• Banned

Yeah we scrambled well today.
    Nofo kept coming off his wing as per usual but today it worked. Opportunities were there for the Titans but they were inexcusably dreadful in attack and our defence in the middle had a fair bit to do with that.

• I was most impressed with the wrestle. It’s the first time we’ve moved up and really dominated the ruck. The forwards laid the platform for that win today. Hopefully a sign of things to come next year.

• Eisenhuth and Twal did great in the middle today. Strong defence all day.

• Not to be a Negative Nancy but, they did make 17 errors, that makes it a lot easier to defend. Lawrence, Twal and Noff put on some really strong shots though.

• @:

Not to be a Negative Nancy but, they did make 17 errors, that makes it a lot easier to defend. Lawrence, Twal and Noff put on some really strong shots though.

A lot of those errors were forced by our defence. They pushed up and closed a lot of gaps which forced drops at the line.

• IMO, we are seeing the benefits of having a few guys from other junior systems where players actually learn modern defensive technique.

• I support NSW but the tigers today defended like the QLD Team
    They scrambled well and played for each other - really pleasing

• @:

I was impressed with our slide. Nofa stayed on his man and defended with the sideline. Very good.

Yes, we held our line today followed by quick line speed.

For once the defence didnt look dis-jointed

• Let’s face facts, the Titans didn’t throw much at us, they were pretty bloody poor actually.

• ForumSupporter

Of course… 😒

Only missing 7 tackles wouldn’t have much to do with the Titans ordinaryness….

• @:

@:

Not to be a Negative Nancy but, they did make 17 errors, that makes it a lot easier to defend. Lawrence, Twal and Noff put on some really strong shots though.

A lot of those errors were forced by our defence. They pushed up and closed a lot of gaps which forced drops at the line.

Cleary mentioned this in the post match press conference - a lot of their errors were when we had bodies in the way.

Recent Topics