Improvement

• How good is it? The team has come on in leaps and bounds in recent weeks…

Dominated the Knights…

Then lost to Manly in a close one…

Last week we went down to the eels by one point, a game we would have won if Lolohea converted the final goal kick.

This week we absolutely thrashed the Titans, dominated possession etc. Credit to the halves, finishing off our sets to near perfection.

Brooks has stepped up with our halves starting to gel.

• Tedesco saying whilst being interviewed that Cleary had simplified attack and reworked defence and everyone knows their role. If this is true I’m excited by what he can do with a stronger squad and a full preseason. He certainly has made a difference and he has had the Moses dummy spit to deal with as well as being preoccupied with recruitment

• We look a lot better don’t we. It’ll be interesting how we go next year.

• I have been saying for weeks now that we are improving all over the park.
    Our forwards, defence, half/ 5/8 combination and the attitude.
    Young players are impressive with Marsters, Teale, Eisenhuth and yes Brooks and LoLo are in that basket also.
    We are looking better and better for next year.
    Now jut to keep that effort for the rest of the year I’ll be happy.

• Nice to have a coach who seems to be able to get decent performances from the majority of the squad.I am pleased with the way the club is going.

• The defense has improved out of sight in the past 3 weeks. I was still a bit worried that nothing had actually changed much before the Newcastle game, but kudos to Cleary for the gradual improvement in that area.

• My favourite part has been seeing young guys like Eisenhuth, Twal and Marsters given a shot and retaining their place after playing well.

Previous years the young guys would play once and then disappear, even if they looked decent

• @:

My favourite part has been seeing young guys like Eisenhuth, Twal and Marsters given a shot and retaining their place after playing well.

Previous years the young guys would play once and then disappear, even if they looked decent

Yeah! I’m loving this too, seems as though Cleary can identify the youngsters with talent and potential but most importantly, is willing to give them a go.

Keen to see how the next few rounds pan out with the boys being motivated after that win.

• The young guys coming through is important for next year and they have been a key reason we have improved at this stage of the season. Hoping that the boys can get another couple of wins before the seasons finished.

• We’ve had poor seasons in all 3 grades but we’ve still had some young guys come in and perform. That is great to see.

• Here’s my armchair analysis of why Cleary’s a good coach, apart from what’s already been said, if you’d noticed in the first half, like other teams in the past…when Teddy looks like getting the ball in a back line movement a Kamikasi charge’s out of the line to pressure him to shut down the play…in the second half, you’ll notice how lolo cuts out Teddy on a couple of occasions and put that little kick in behind on 4th tackle…Brilliant coaching, it puts a kamikasi defender in two minds…do I rush up or do I wait?..and a clap for lolo having the talent to deliver on instructions btw just missing out on a cut out pass to Nono that would have made Benji proud.

• Banned

@:

Here’s my armchair analysis of why Cleary’s a good coach, apart from what’s already been said, if you’d noticed in the first half, like other teams in the past…when Teddy looks like getting the ball in a back line movement a Kamikasi charge’s out of the line to pressure him to shut down the play…in the second half, you’ll notice how lolo cuts out Teddy on a couple of occasions and put that little kick in behind on 4th tackle…Brilliant coaching, it puts a kamikasi defender in two minds…do I rush up or do I wait?..and a clap for lolo having the talent to deliver on instructions btw just missing out on a cut out pass to Nono that would have made Benji proud.

This is exactly why I have been saying that the kicker is so important - the defence does not know whether to stay back or come up. And if it has to be done on the 4th occasionally to keep the confusion then so be it. (has the coach been reading me?)

• The team actually defends as a unit now. Seems like the boys know what the man in and outside of him is doing. They conceded what, one line break?

• I said in another thread earlier after the Eels game that a win isn’t to far off,the improvement in this team has been very steady but good and in the right direction…very impressed with the defence and better attack…
    It does seem as though the players are sticking solid to Ivans gameplans and structures,they are also being very careful in regard to simple errors,although they will pop up now and then…
    I cant wait until next season to watch this squad with the new recruits head toward finals contention…it is a huge possibility…

• @:

@:

Here’s my armchair analysis of why Cleary’s a good coach, apart from what’s already been said, if you’d noticed in the first half, like other teams in the past…when Teddy looks like getting the ball in a back line movement a Kamikasi charge’s out of the line to pressure him to shut down the play…in the second half, you’ll notice how lolo cuts out Teddy on a couple of occasions and put that little kick in behind on 4th tackle…Brilliant coaching, it puts a kamikasi defender in two minds…do I rush up or do I wait?..and a clap for lolo having the talent to deliver on instructions btw just missing out on a cut out pass to Nono that would have made Benji proud.

This is exactly why I have been saying that the kicker is so important - the defence does not know whether to stay back or come up. And if it has to be done on the 4th occasionally to keep the confusion then so be it. (has the coach been reading me?)

True, this is where Brooks must get better, his defence yesterday was an improvement…but if he can nail those little line kicks 90 percent of the time like a Thurston or Evans, look out next year…ATM his rocks and diamonds.

Recent Topics