Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

• How good has he been going lately! Seems to be really flying under the radar.
    At this rate it’d be hard to leave him out of the team at full strength when Suli gets back, and possibly even for next season.

• @:

How good has he been going lately! Seems to be really flying under the radar.
    At this rate it’d be hard to leave him out of the team at full strength when Suli gets back, and possibly even for next season.

Depends what the recruitments are at the end of the year.

• It’s been a long time since there’s been competition for outside back spots.

(Except Rankin v JAC, but let’s not go there)

• Hes like a talented beau ryan

• A good buy…steady without being spectacular

• I think he is that average footballer, much like Kev. Probably too good for State Cup but not good enough for NRL.

I’m not sure how many of these types we can keep on our roster, but If he is happy to be a back-up on poor dollars, he is worth keeping.

At some stage, we will need pure match-winners in the back 5 if we want to compete as a premiership threat.

• ForumSupporter

Where is Chee-Kam’s thread…?

• MWZ has been really really good.

• Hes been ok. nothing flash. Suli will be back at centre and him or naqama can fight it out for the wing.

Rather have fonua or rona on wing next year.

• MWZ is going ok without setting the world on fire

Kev on the other hand will look good playing super league next year

• He’s ok, nothing spectacular. Certainly not a patch on his brother! It’s funny how it works out that way with sets of brothers - one is usually exceptional while the other is average most times. Morris brothers being a rare exception, though they are twins!

• @:

He’s ok, nothing spectacular. Certainly not a patch on his brother! It’s funny how it works out that way with sets of brothers - one is usually exceptional while the other is average most times. Morris brothers being a rare exception, though they are twins!

He’s been hard done by in the last two weeks. First Tedesco hogs the ball against the Titans when MWZ backed up on the inside for a clear run to the try line. Then Kev breaks into the clear against the Panthers and MWZ again is on the inside waiting for the pass and a clear run to the try line. It’s great positioning and signs of a good player.

• If he’s going to end up as a backup winger, he’s one of the better backup wingers we’ve had. Better than Jordan Rankin already.

This is the real long-term positive of Cleary’s strategy, that it looks like for the first time in a long time (ever?) that we’ll have decent FG-quality backups across the park. Blokes who can actually play firsts when required, rather than honest toilers or rejects for whom the step up is too great.

• I think he has been good in the games he has played NRL.

Has not let anyone down and could have scored some more tries if Teddy and Kevin knew how to throw decent passes.

I agree that he is likely to be a back up winger in 2018 but at least he is half decent when he does get the call up

His brother is a freak and wish we can get him to join the bus. I know I am dreaming

• Safe under the high ball also!

Recent Topics