Lolohea at fullback 2018

I think it’s his natural position and if he can get back into shape and play like some of the highlights I’ve seen he’ll be a headache for the opposition for sure. Can’t wait to see lolo version 2.0 next season.

Just an interesting pickup watching that video - and someone mentioned this in the titans thread - he can’t throw a spiral at all!!!
Not that that matters at FB tho.

Trouble is, a lot of posters are saying can he replace Tedesco.

If you are looking for another Tedesco, the answer is no.

The answer is no because there isn’t another Tedesco.

If we are looking for a really good full back, who can position himself well, has a good passing game, a great step, fast over a short distance, a really good defender from FB with his best years ahead - then we already have him.

His name is Lolohea.

@:

If we are looking for a really good full back, who can position himself well, has a good passing game, a great step, fast over a short distance, a really good defender from FB with his best years ahead - then we already have him.

His name is Lolohea.

Who also comes at around a third of cost of our current fullback, thus allowing us to strengthen the centres and others that he will be working with.

More suited at fullback if fit. Will be a handful running through middle at tired forwards. I don’t like his Benji miracle passing plays, needs to understand it’s ok to be tackled.

He will be a great member of the team at what ever position he plays at.

Does a have a similar stepping style to Teddy, but teddy can break away from tacklers with his fend and spin, i haven’t seen that in Lolo. but with space he will be dangerous. Especially if we can get a winger running with him on the kick returns.

The gap between his best and worst, smartest and dumbest etc… is the only issue. At his best he is more than a stepping, flick passing Benji clone. He can break tackles and has a fend, has a short kicking game, has vision. It’s the flicking the ball wildly out the back before going to ground that bothers me most and he is good for a brain snap like this at least once a game.

If he can find composure we literally couldn’t have got a better replacement for Teddy (considering upside vs $$). I’m nearly convinced but being honest it could still could go either way.

@:

@:

@:

Im not sure if he has the pace at distance for FB…he seems quick over a very short distance then the anchors drop

Teddy or Tui?

Tui

I would’ve agreed with you, but having seen the highlights Tacky posted where he runs down Gagai, Barba and Mead I’m starting to think otherwise. Sure, he’s not in the upper echelon of JAC, Johnston or Gela-Mosby, but he’s no slouch.

@:

What if this is Lolohea’s full fitness…?

You will win your first race to a Pie Shop!

He has some great qualities. Honestly think we need him if we have reynolds and brooks in the halves. I love when he passes he goes directly to the line and straightens the attack. Hope reynolds learns a thing or two about playing direct.

@:

His name is Lolohea.

There always a new kid on the block they just need to step up.

Any of the issues with his game are not so serious that they can’t be coached out of it and I believe Ivan is more than capable of doing so. As for his pace, he looks to me to have blinding pace over any distance and that is something that he brings to us that we desperately need at fullback with Teddy going.

I wish he’d be more decisive when he gets the ball, especially when he runs it.
I like when he just gets it straightens and takes off at a gap, he seems to hesitate too much and drift sideways before he makes a decision to run or pass.

@:

I like when he just gets it straightens and takes off at a gap, he seems to hesitate too much and drift sideways before he makes a decision to run or pass.

As far as his running game is concerned, I believe that’s deliberate, he appears to hesitate, the defence hesitates and then he drops the hammer.

@:

@:

As far as his running game is concerned, I believe that’s deliberate, he appears to hesitate, the defence hesitates and then he drops the hammer.

I agree he seems to have a natural stutter to his style, I’ve noted sometimes he stops, and if the defence doesn’t hesitate, he’s already changed his mind and he’s doing something else. But he showed yesterday that he can put his head down too if they offer him a gap.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.