Is Taylor now redundant ?

• We have reached an interesting moment in our progress, with the rise of Eisenhuth and Twal.

Does this make it the inclusion in the side of Taylor a liability ?.

Eisenhuth has had a strong defensive game and with the addition of Twal they really add to the defensive structure.

Taylor’s lack of size is a liability in the attacking structure which Eisenhuth seems adapted to with little difficulty.

Is Taylor’s opportunity to go back to the Warriors a blessing in disguise ?.

• is that you mr griffen

• ForumSupporter

He’s going to the Warriors…?

• @:

We have reached an interesting moment in our progress, with the rise of Eisenhuth and Twal.

Eisenhuth has had a strong defensive game and with the addition of Twal they really add to the defensive structure.

I understand your comments however Taylor gives his all each and every week for WT and has saved us with his defence in a number of games. Reminds me of Liam Fulton who both play above their weight however needed to put on more weight to be affected.

I value Taylor’s contribution and wish him all the best whatever club he plays for.

Appears a really genuine nice bloke which some players could copy.

• No.

We’re less reliant on him, but he’s still our best defender and wrestler.

• You are joking - liability my foot.

One of the first players picked in my teams. He is an International player that is 100% committed, 100% effort, great defender and great wrestler/holding players to max time without being penalised.

When Eisenhuth and Twal can do that - then start the thread.

• you can’t have too many good forwards.
    the young guys have surprised me.

• He said himself that the dr’s recommended he stay in Sydney. And he also said he hopes to have something sorted by the end of the week. He’ll stay, and will most likely be appointed captain.

• @:

We have reached an interesting moment in our progress, with the rise of Eisenhuth and Twal.

Taylor’s lack of size is a liability in the attacking structure which Eisenhuth seems adapted to with little difficulty.

Good question Gatorman. When I read the story about him looking at returning to NZ and taking up with the Warriors I wondered the same thing.

Yes, Hooth and Twal are looking good at the moment and if he is moving to the second row then perhaps a bigger harder running forward is what we need. On the other hand, his consistency week in week out is something that Hooth and Twal may not achieve for some time, and if you’d have asked this question even a month ago I would have thought we needed him for sure.

Although in saying all this I thought we had resigned him a while back and extended his contract for 2 more years??

• @:

They’ve offered him a two year deal. Doctors have told him it’s best he stays in Sydney for his daughters health issue.

• With no disrespect to the younger guys, they have a long way to go before they get to ET’s level.

He has a huge defensive workrate and close to 150 games under his belt. There’s always a place for that kind of player.

It’ll be a shame if he moves on but that’s the way the cookie crumbles at times.

• The positional switch had more to do with our weak edges IMO. It’s not that Eisenhuth is a better lock than Taylor, it’s because Taylor is streets ahead of Lovett or Edwards. Cleary just moved his most reliable player into our weakest position.

That said Eisenhuth had a blinder given a starting role, but I don’t think ET’s inclusion is under any threat.

• @:

@:

They’ve offered him a two year deal. Doctors have told him it’s best he stays in Sydney for his daughters health issue.

So it seems from what you say that he never signed that offer some months back and is still deliberating. He seems such a decent guy - I just hope things work out for his family whatever happens.

• I’m know I’m going to get shot down for saying this but I’ve never rated him, to me he’s a tackling machine and not much else, his ability to carry the ball is very limited.
    I just don’t get excited about a player who provides very little with the ball, I think he’s probably the most overrated player on this forum.

• If we have lost McQueen and Taylor then bye bye 2018.

Recent Topics