Player fire sale just weeks away

• In the Telecrap this morning player agents flooded with enquires from panicking clubs to move players on to get under next years CAP. One club is just sitting and waiting knowing these clubs are going to have to pay a major chunk of there salary to move them on…probable not the Tigers but the Times they are a changing !

• I love a “Firesale”. We are in our best position in years (cap wise) to picked up some talent. Hopefully we don’t just pick up anyone and really target the player market.
    Some clubs are really going to be struggling to hold onto there signed players. If the cap is around 9.2 mil of 2018.
    This should be a bit of fun for us. Hopefully Watching the blowtorch being applied to the likes of the Bulldogs, Panthers ect.
    I noticed Gould trying to distract the media the other day and point the finger at other clubs (like us) made me laugh. He would be sweeting bricks about now. Good try at a smokescreen Gould.

• Panthers are trying to lock up Nathan Cleary long term. I think he comes off contract at the same time as Brooks. Concidering his Dad had a big say in Brooks contract, No coincidence there.

• Didn’t Brooks resign before Cleary was confirmed? Can’t remember the chronology exactly but I thought Brooks locked in before Cleary was signed.

• @:

Didn’t Brooks resign before Cleary was confirmed? Can’t remember the chronology exactly but I thought Brooks locked in before Cleary was signed.

Apr 3 - Cleary announced as Head Coach
    Apr 18 - Wests Tigers announce that Brooks commits for another 2 years

(Cronk announced he was leaving Melbourne at the end of the year on Apr 4)

• Ah. Thanks Charli.

• Be very interesting to see if any real quality becomes available. A quality goal kicker who is also a gun backrower would be my dream

• @:

Be very interesting to see if any real quality becomes available. A quality goal kicker who is also a gun backrower would be my dream

Ethan Lowe, basically.

• @:

@:

Be very interesting to see if any real quality becomes available. A quality goal kicker who is also a gun backrower would be my dream

Ethan Lowe, basically.

He was the one I was thinking of

• @:

@:

Ethan Lowe, basically.

Taukeiaho can also kick goals, as can Harawira Naera

• ForumSupporter

I think those hanging hopes that quality players will be moved on by Clubs supposedly in Cap trouble and snapped up by Wests Tigers will be disappointed…

• @:

@:

Didn’t Brooks resign before Cleary was confirmed? Can’t remember the chronology exactly but I thought Brooks locked in before Cleary was signed.

Really we couldn’t turf Brooks and shouldn’t turf Brooks. We still had a shot at signing Teddy and Woodsy. To reject Brooks even when Nathan Cleary is coming up and Cronk is available would be a big gamble to the only “big 4” that showed loyalty.

• @:

@:

@:

Really we couldn’t turf Brooks and shouldn’t turf Brooks. We still had a shot at signing Teddy and Woodsy. To reject Brooks even when Nathan Cleary is coming up and Cronk is available would be a big gamble to the only “big 4” that showed loyalty.

Showd loyalty? he had no offers elsewhere. Hes been playing below average football since he debud… Hes lucky he got a contract at all.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Showd loyalty? he had no offers elsewhere. Hes been playing below average football since he debud… Hes lucky he got a contract at all.

He can’t control the game and lacks confidence. It’s funny we kept the worst player of the “big 4”.
    What a joke.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Incorrect - he had at least an offer from Melbourne.

Recent Topics