Knock On Interpretations

• I’m so over every obvious knock backwards being called a knock on in today’s game! What is wrong with these refs that they can’t tell the difference between backwards and forwards motion? Bloody ridiculous some of the decisions this year.

• @:

I’m so over every obvious knock backwards being called a knock on in today’s game! What is wrong with these refs that they can’t tell the difference between backwards and forwards motion? Bloody ridiculous some of the decisions this year.

If you’re talking about the Ethan Lowe one he lost control forwards into Finucane and then it went back - it was a knock on.

• @:

@:

I’m so over every obvious knock backwards being called a knock on in today’s game! What is wrong with these refs that they can’t tell the difference between backwards and forwards motion? Bloody ridiculous some of the decisions this year.

If you’re talking about the Ethan Lowe one he lost control forwards into Finucane and then it went back - it was a knock on.

I disagree, I don’t think it projected forward at any stage, but that’s just one among a million really. The whole knock on interpretation is ridiculous these days. Once upon a time, the ball actually had to fall to the ground in front of the player, now it’s any slight little movement out of the hands - backwards, forwards, sideways, they don’t care 😆

• What I can’t absolutely understand is when a player goes in for a tackle and the player with the ball looks for a pass offloads it and the tacklers hand hits the ball. At no point was the tackler looking at Knocking the ball down. Ref calls knock on.

• @:

What I can’t absolutely understand is when a player goes in for a tackle and the player with the ball looks for a pass offloads it and the tacklers hand hits the ball. At no point was the tackler looking at Knocking the ball down. Ref calls knock on.

Actually outside backs particularly centres practise this when they’re outnumbered… It’s a defensive ploy and deliberate

• @:

@:

What I can’t absolutely understand is when a player goes in for a tackle and the player with the ball looks for a pass offloads it and the tacklers hand hits the ball. At no point was the tackler looking at Knocking the ball down. Ref calls knock on.

Actually outside backs particularly centres practise this when they’re outnumbered… It’s a defensive ploy and deliberate

I was think more along the lines of a forward just making a honest tackle

• @:

Good point! When the ball is kicked into an opposing player it is usually deemed as not played at deliberately- should be the same rule with the scenarios you mention.

• Some refs basically rule any dropped ball as a knock on and maybe this is the way to go, it takes any doubt of the call.

• Stop changing the game! There are way too many rules. Simpalise the game and it will ten times better to watch. I’m a 22 year old and wish we were back in the 80s with the players we have now.

• X2

• @:

Stop changing the game! There are way too many rules. Simpalise the game and it will ten times better to watch. I’m a 22 year old and wish we were back in the 80s with the players we have now.

Most of the rules we have are not played to . That’s the biggest problem these days.
    Almost All dropped balls are deemed knocked on. Players are constantly offside when defending on their try line , Players are allowed to carry tackled players over sidelines or backwards after their forward progress has been stopped. Forward passes are completely ignored . No one plays the ball most of the time.
    Most tackles have at least one player around the neck of the attackerdespite many supposed crackdowns onhigh tackles.
    And almost all tackles have a hand on the ball when the players trying to play it.
    Players are still crawling, walking,rolling off the mark before playing the ball.
    There’s loads more.
    If the game was played the way it’s supposed to be, and Ref applied the rules and penalised when it’s not(instead of discussing it with players,the game would lose much of the Crappy mess that we have now.
    And most of all get rid of the. Bloody ,wrestling that the Storm so nicely dumped on the game.

• @:

Stop changing the game! There are way too many rules. Simpalise the game and it will ten times better to watch. I’m a 22 year old and wish we were back in the 80s with the players we have now.

Really getting into the spirit of Retro Round I see :slight_smile:

Recent Topics