Two sets of rules

• Just watched Storm vs Cowboys. Storm scored 5 tries. 4 were given without going to the video ref. Can you every remember a game where 80% of tries were given straight away. Storm play to different rules to every other team. It seems every try the Tigers ever score gets checked. Do sick of the inequity in our game

• Commentators mentioned that the Storm were getting pinned for offsides tonight more often than most games and that the refs were most likely told to penalise them. What round are we? Why did it take this long to penalise them? Ahhhh consistency is all the fans want

• Gotta laugh when ref’s know they screw up mega, then when players…frustrated by their ineptness let them know about it… They get penalised. Arrogance beyond belief

• I seen an article in the Telecrap today about Badgers 300 games, the most games refereed:
    Harrigan 393 games
    Cam Smith 350 games
    Badge 300 games

• ForumSupporter

@:

I seen an article in the Telecrap today about Badgers 300 games, the most games refereed:
    Harrigan 393 games
    Cam Smith 351* games
    Badge 300 games

fixed*

One of Cammy’s better displays last night too…Vunivalu scored a TRY good ole Cammy wanted a 8pt TRY or even a Penalty TRY…Klien looked confused for a second… 😆

• @:

@:

I seen an article in the Telecrap today about Badgers 300 games, the most games refereed:
    Harrigan 393 games
    Cam Smith 351* games
    Badge 300 games

fixed*

One of Cammy’s better displays last night too…Vunivalu scored a TRY good ole Cammy wanted a 8pt TRY or even a Penalty TRY…Klien looked confused for a second… 😆

TBH he did have a point… vuni should of not got there and they would of had an 8 pointer.

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

@:

Harrigan 393 games
    Cam Smith 351* games
    Badge 300 games

fixed*

TBH he did have a point… vuni should of not got there and they would of had an 8 pointer.

Nah… he didn’t… an 8pt TRY is when the try scorer is fouled in the act of scoring Vunivalu was not fouled…A Penalty TRY it would have been had he not scored but he did…

Cammy gave it a red hot go tho…

• Did you see what linnet did to vuni… if that isn’t a foul in this game… if he didn’t get to the ball it would of been a 8 pointer. The ref even said it

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Harrigan 393 games
    Cam Smith 351* games
    Badge 300 games

fixed*

Nah… he didn’t… an 8pt TRY is when the try scorer is fouled in the act of scoring Vunivalu was not fouled…A Penalty TRY it would have been had he not scored but he did…

Cammy gave it a red hot go tho…

I wonder if that’s how the Storm are getting around the salary cap, as they only pay half of Cammy’s salary the rest is paid by the NRL for being a referee?

• @:

Commentators mentioned that the Storm were getting pinned for offsides tonight more often than most games and that the refs were most likely told to penalise them. What round are we? Why did it take this long to penalise them? Ahhhh consistency is all the fans want

What do you mean? They have been the most penalised team in the comp all year. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

• @:

Did you see what linnet did to vuni… if that isn’t a foul in this game… if he didn’t get to the ball it would of been a 8 pointer. The ref even said it

This makes no sense. You only get a 8 point try if you actually score. If you don’t score, you get a penalty try.

• Yep I got confused. I think so did smith… couple of bevs lastnight

• ForumSupporter

@:

Did you see what linnet did to vuni… if that isn’t a foul in this game… if he didn’t get to the ball it would of been a 8 pointer. The ref even said it

Nah …you don’t get an 8pt TRY for a professional foul…It’s if say you take the guys head off as he is scoring or knees in the back etc…A penalty TRY is awarded if the try scorer was 100% going to score if not for the defender taking him out of play…it is just like a normal TRY…6pts…

8pt TRIES and Penalty TRIES are 2 separate things…

• @:

@:

Nah …you don’t get an 8pt TRY for a professional foul…It’s if say you take the guys head off as he is scoring or knees in the back etc…A penalty TRY is awarded if the try scorer was 100% going to score if not for the defender taking him out of play…it is just like a normal TRY…6pts…

8pt TRIES and Penalty TRIES are 2 separate things…

Just on the penalty try needing 100% certainty. The defender will always take the chance on stopping the try with a foul. It should be 50-50. That would be a better deterrent. More so than the sin bin

• @:

Well that just shows the incompetence of the referee if he said it - Geo is right - you can’t get an 8 point try for what happens prior to the try being scored. The ref probably said it to get rid of that pest smith.

Recent Topics