Sam McIntyre

• https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/893979531890933760

Anyone know much about him?

• ISP Signings at best…nothing to get excited about

• @:

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/893979531890933760

Anyone know much about him?

There is a link on the signings forum about him. He is a Port Macquarie junior 190cm and 100kgs. Reportedly a winger or centre but playing second row in U20s.

• It would take some promise for Cleary to give a rookie a 3 year deal.

• @:

It would take some promise for Cleary to give a rookie a 3 year deal.

I agree with that.

• I would say these guys are 2 of the 6 development players you have to have in your squad. Not sure exactly how the system will work but 3 years would enable enough time to develop a young player ready regular for 1st grade.

I know they’ve come from under 20’s but does anyone know how old these guys are?

• @:

@:

It would take some promise for Cleary to give a rookie a 3 year deal.

I agree with that.

Look at Twal now after Ivan signed him from the Eels u20’s team.

• @:

I would say these guys are 2 of the 6 development players you have to have in your squad. Not sure exactly how the system will work but 3 years would enable enough time to develop a young player ready regular for 1st grade.

I know they’ve come from under 20’s but does anyone know how old these guys are?

Both are 19 years old

• Another article on McIntyre who plays a few positions,

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/4501829/mcintyre-ready-to-rip-in-across-the-tasman/

• McIntyre is decent. Won a premiership in the Newcastle local league last year as a winger, now playing second row in under 20’s. Decent size, runs good lines and tackles hard. Don’t think he was going to be in first grade any time soon for Newcastle so not surprising he jumped at a long-term full time squad deal.

• Trying to turn some coal into diamonds again. We don’t learn from our mistakes.

• @:

Trying to turn some coal into diamonds again. We don’t learn from our mistakes.

Seriously what kinds of salaries are these kids going to be on? Or are you wanting to pay modest dollars for top-tier junior talent?

If the coach is identifying gaps in our roster and signing emerging talent, or talent he thinks he can use/mold, or talent he feels is underused at current club, all with a modest budget, then go for it.

You would think, with your attitude, that no club has ever signed a fringe footballer from any club for any success, hey?

• reading a few knights forums most are dissapointed theyve lost this bloke but non fussed about heath gibbs

• @:

@:

Trying to turn some coal into diamonds again. We don’t learn from our mistakes.

Seriously what kinds of salaries are these kids going to be on? Or are you wanting to pay modest dollars for top-tier junior talent?

If the coach is identifying gaps in our roster and signing emerging talent, or talent he thinks he can use/mold, or talent he feels is underused at current club, all with a modest budget, then go for it.

You would think, with your attitude, that no club has ever signed a fringe footballer from any club for any success, hey?

We only sign fringe players and the unwanted.
    It works from time to time but when they do come good, we just give them away.
    The list is endless. Austin etc etc etc.
    We seem to keep the coal and lose the diamonds every time.

• Are people seriously having a go at the club for signing second tier players? Yep next year lets not field an under 20s side or State cup side. We will just have 17 players and, if injuries happen, us forum members can fill in. :crazy :crazy

Recent Topics